Scotland v Czech Republic (UEFA Nations League)

King Kebab

2 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

That second half was a tough watch. A great defensive performance  though.

A wee bit of luck in there too, but we will take that all day. 

I imagine the Serbia game will follow a similar pattern and we coped well. So a lot of encouragement there. 

But I don’t think it needs to be, if we take out McGregor and put in McLean or McCrorie  we won’t be overrun to the same extent

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

So the tactic was be be under pressure the whole game? Give away clear chances in the middle of the box and hope they miss?

Who gives a fiddlers f**k? We won and thats what the game is about.

There's something very Iceland 2016 about all this.

Just now, bernardblack said:

You really dislike McGregor eh?

No, I think he’s a good player, but he’s ineffectual tonight, and I want the team to win.

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

So the tactic was be be under pressure the whole game? Give away clear chances in the middle of the box and hope they miss?

Shut up u miserable Cnut. 

We have the same posters on Steelmen online. Look for the negatives every time. 

I have been going to watch Scotland at Hampden for 30 years. I have lost count how many times we have been unlucky losers. We may have rode our luck and unlikely we will dos so again v Serbia. But I am more confident that Clarke can get us there... 

Is nobody concerned about the way were playing and the formation?

We could have played that game like that 100 times and not won.

We were lucky as.

We going down this 532 road now, and I hope it works.

It doesn't look like its going to tho.

We rode our luck tonight, but I'm buying into this approach overall. It's what SC does. More credit to him that he appears to be more than "just a 4 at the back manager" like we thought. He's proving he's a tactically and defensively astute manager.

Think how demoralising it must be for the opposition to see all their zippy passes and play broken down against a really solid bank of 5 and 3. Best bit about it is it appears that we can slot in unfashionable players without upsetting the system too much.

As someone else said, I'd take this all day long over us huffing and puffing with a 4231 and getting shown up more often than not.

The first half was good. We didn’t have an aimless long ball until the 35th minute and only two the whole half. I’ll blame it on tiredness but the second half we were far too deep. They missed two sitters but we could have scored more as well.

I’ve decided that Lyndon Dykes is the saviour. Ryan Fraser was impressive in the free role too.

Just now, Aim Here said:

You're in luck. The team won.

But I think we made it harder for ourselves that it needed to be, because we played the wrong midfield pairing in Jack and McGregor. To be fair to Jack, he performed tonight.