Scotland v Czech Republic (UEFA Nations League)

King Kebab

Considering that we're playing a much better team tonight, it's worth noting how much better we look defensively than we did away to them.

They're still creating chances which a better team would have punished but they're having to work hard for them and some of the last ditch defending has been excellent, whereas a month ago their C team were cutting through us at will and missed several sitters as the defence didn't have a clue what they were doing to the point that Marshall was effectively playing them by himself. We probably won't get away with ending up backs to the wall to the same extent second half, but it's a good sign that we're making progress.

53 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Well played the ref - great advantage

I missed the first 10 mins so just seen the goal for the 1st time. In the replay from behind the goals it looks like the ref is celebrating before the ball hits the net, good man!

4 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Even better, England losing and Harry Maguire sent off emoji4.png

Excellent, I might actually be able to bring myself to watch their highlights tonight. Got as far as the players coming onto the pitch the other night, felt sick and turned it off!

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Considering that we're playing a much better team tonight, it's worth noting how much better we look defensively than we did away to them.

They're still creating chances which a better team would have punished but they're having to work hard for them and some of the last ditch defending has been excellent, whereas a month ago their C team were cutting through us at will and missed several sitters as the defence didn't have a clue what they were doing to the point that Marshall was effectively playing them by himself. We probably won't get away with ending up backs to the wall to the same extent second half, but it's a good sign that we're making progress.

There's a lot to improve, the balance in midfield and settling on who the back 3 is gonna be long term are the big areas for me, but we're obviously a lot better organised and we have a forward pairing that works well together, with McBurnie and Griffiths pretty good like for like replacements for Dykes and Fraser. Looks like there's a genuine plan for the first time in a while

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan