Next SNP leader

git-intae-thum

Whoever* succeeds Nicola must persist with her daily covid briefing trolling of Tom Gordon. You can just feel his resentment at being near to or at the bottom of the list of journalists for their chance at the request a headline slot.

*It'll be the cockroaches or Keith Richards

15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nice to see a committed Natter like you agreeing with me.  Sturgeon will be gone by Xmas.

Who next?   Probably Cherry but it really doesn't matter.  We reached peak Natter around August and have been on a slippery slope since then as the whole idiocy of Scottish exceptionalism has been exposed.

The May election will still see Natters as the biggest single party- and would do  even if I were the leader - but after that they will regress to being a coterie of outliers with about about 25/30% of the vote as post-covid reality kicks in.

You're not even trying anymore. It's sad.

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
Nicola Sturgeon wont stand down until Indy has been achieved, the snp will then split, Mairi Black will be our first president. 

First Minister to President Sturgeon, shurely?

She wont go for it, least I dont think she will. She’ll deliver Indy and enjoy a well deserved retirement and a new politics will form in Scotland, Mairi will be our first President and i’d be proud as f**k if she was. 

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Sturgeon will get a decade minimum if she wants it and I don't see why she won't. Everyone apart from the most committed to being melts or those with serious ideological differences will fall in line.

If Covid19 carries on much longer she might just think she's had enough of saying "Look, I'm just trying to be as frank as I can, I know as we all do the effects the restrictions are having on our lives, me included, and I'm incredibly grateful for what you're all doing, but we have to go on the best scientific advice we have, and that's what we're doing." every day of her life. Everyone must have a limit. Hope she's got the stamina for a lot longer though, and that happier times will be on the horizon.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

IMG_20201014_220944.thumb.jpg.73edb0a43825336351429a505e9faf70.jpg

Slaying absentee landlords with his flaming sword of land reform. 

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

I will be spending an undisclosed amount of my working day tomorrow crafting 40k/Wightman memes of a quality level befitting our future king.

Who's the Horus to his God-Emperor?

EkSPADoWoAIRvU7?format=jpg%26name=large&key=bd14bd5db2c626147ea80eb6798eac3557b746551dce9b8f5a61247d13eca792EkSO8liXsAAiXt3?format=jpg%26name=large&key=be9414d4e71b9913a3343fc68092f46a14ca77237ebb27308436efdf4b120b29

Tbf, I think the OP was more talking about within the SNP and Independence movement generally who are sick of Sturg...

IMG_5526.jpg

Oh, never mind.

What would you like Nicola Sturgeon to do, and when?

I’m genuinely curious.

Absolute nap that the letters U, D and I appear in the response.

It's baffling how some Unionists assume that support for independence is reliant upon a single figure. They did it with Salmond, it's the same with Sturgeon, and it'll happen again with whoever succeeds her, assuming she's stepped down before we're independent. The way some folk talk, you'd think the SNP leadership are capable of mind control. It betrays a belief that Scots are an inherently simple people, only fit to be ruled.

In the real world, all Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP have had to do is appear vaguely competent and human in comparison to the government in Westminster, and it's been an absolute open goal for a good decade or more; long enough that it's hard to acknowledge as anything other than a permanent state. The Scottish Government's failures have been well broadcast, but only the most ardent of Unionists can genuinely believe that Con/Lab/Lib would have done a better job, and it's hard to imagine what more Westminster could have done to demonstrate that it could not care less about Scotland.

But, by all means, continue to bemoan the stupidity of Scots, and wait for the day when we can just get rid of THAT WOMAN/MAN. It's much easier than taking a cold look at your own leaders and asking what they've done to demonstrate the value of remaining within the United Kingdom, if such a thing is even possible.

4 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It's baffling how some Unionists assume that support for independence is reliant upon a single figure. They did it with Salmond, it's the same with Sturgeon, and it'll happen again with whoever succeeds her, assuming she's stepped down before we're independent. The way some folk talk, you'd think the SNP leadership are capable of mind control. It betrays a belief that Scots are an inherently simple people, only fit to be ruled.

In the real world, all Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP have had to do is appear vaguely competent and human in comparison to the government in Westminster, and it's been an absolute open goal for a good decade or more; long enough that it's hard to acknowledge as anything other than a permanent state. The Scottish Government's failures have been well broadcast, but only the most ardent of Unionists can genuinely believe that Con/Lab/Lib would have done a better job, and it's hard to imagine what more Westminster could have done to demonstrate that it could not care less about Scotland.

But, by all means, continue to bemoan the stupidity of Scots, and wait for the day when we can just get rid of THAT WOMAN/MAN. It's much easier than taking a cold look at your own leaders and asking what they've done to demonstrate the value of remaining within the United Kingdom, if such a thing is even possible.

4 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Dont buy this at all. Sturgeon is an exceptional politician, it's no coincidence people are softer on Indy with her in charge when they like her. Who do you think will or could replace her and do just as well? 

12 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I will be spending an undisclosed amount of my working day tomorrow crafting 40k/Wightman memes of a quality level befitting our future king.

I too look forward to serving the Imperium of (wight)Man.

5 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I think Sturgeon's unprecedented popularity is a factor in the SNP and independence polling at such unprecedented levels. It's nothing about the Scottish being uniquely simple, it's just the way we all associate political movements with personalities. Replace Sturgeon with Swinney or Cherry and I think there's a noticeable fall even if it's not necessarily below 50%.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think Sturgeon's unprecedented popularity is a factor in the SNP and independence polling at such unprecedented levels. It's nothing about the Scottish being uniquely simple, it's just the way we all associate political movements with personalities. Replace Sturgeon with Swinney or Cherry and I think there's a noticeable fall even if it's not necessarily below 50%.

Swinney or Cherry?

You cannot be serious.

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What do you mean?

Either of these two in charge is not going to happen, because as you rightly suggest that would  bring about a noticeable fall in support for independence. There are several others I can think of who would be much more suited to take over, although I do also strongly believe that if  it ain't broke, don't fix it.

6 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Theres this episode of the Simpsons where Homer is unimpressed with the rubbish collection in Springfield and runs for ‘Sanitation Commissioner’. The incumbent is a guy called Ray Patterson, hes doing a decent job but Homer comes in with a campaign similar to the sensationalist shite everyone buys from the Tories and Brexit mob down south. Patterson is defeated and in the end just goes ‘You’re screwed good luck im away’ and is proven right. I’ve often wondered if Sturgeon or indeed any relatively non-arsehole type politician has ever had a Ray Patterson moment. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod