Next SNP leader

git-intae-thum

Brave OP. 2 pages of frothing af the mouth over the suggestion the dear leader isn't doing so well.

Bawwaching beyond seething, handing out over 25 red dots on a Tuesday morning at 3am after clicking my profile, is it rent free the youngsters say? That's some dedication..

As Kinky said, Independence movement will suffer hugely when Sturgeon goes, hence the sheer panick and fingers in the ears going on in this thread. Nicola Sturgeon although recently performing terribly has done well in her tenure, she's done very well when having nothing to do and is a good political agitator for the morons that don't really pay attention to the promises and words that come out her mouth, a very old school sly politicians politician. Sleekit as you Scots would say. She would make an excellent Tory MP to be fair to her, there is nobody close to her in the SNP that is as sly or as good at manipulating common voters. The only potential outcome I see is Cherry but she's not going to do well with the middle ground, she's a little bit more incapable of playing politics imo, very intelligent lady but can't hide the typical Nationalist venom you can see dripping from her every time she's on TV. 

I suspect many of you don't realise how good you've had it with Sturgeon and when we're 50 years later and polling hasn't touched the highs of 2020 then you'll be reminiscing of what could have been! What could've been if you hadn't put out so many shite posts on Pie and Bovril and had actually engaged with the argument, what could have been if Sturgeon hadn't tried to play politics with a pandemic, what could have been if big auld Salmond hadn't decided to rear his ugly head again over his damaged ego. 

So anyone that actually supports the SNP got any salient points on who they think the next leader will be rather than the usual grunting so loud to try and defend the hivemind. 

On 05/10/2020 at 20:34, Stormzy said:

To be fair, I have tried with this place previously so I do think their is sincere room to discuss the attitude of this place as a whole and it's unwelcoming nature whilst at the same time acknowledging I've returned this time and purposefully played the troll. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Nicola Sturgeon wont stand down until Indy has been achieved, the snp will then split, Mairi Black will be our first president. 

There's no doubt that once Independence is achieved we will see a dilution of SNP responsibility and new Scottish based political parties will emerge, I foresee a mostly social democratic type government in place.

What will be an essential requirement is a duly elected second chamber .

As much as I admire Mhairi I would think that if there is to be a President then I'm sure that office will fall to Nicola Sturgeon.

10 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Seems a reasonable enough question, given the current incumbent is struggling.

The unionist press have there powder dry and are ready to unleash the inevitable barrage, should the FM fail to do the honourable thing before the SP elections.

As above..... Who will the replacement be....and therefore who likely will be our first minister.

Unlike the previous first minister the incumbent has totally failed to nurture a successor and has carefully sidelined or excluded any potential political rivals.

Good for Mr and Mrs Murrell. Shite for independence!!!!

Therefore, when the fm has to face the inevitable, where does that leave us?

Who is next?

https://mobile.twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1316333444654301184?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1316333444654301184|twgr^share_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pieandbovril.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FBritainElects%2Fstatus%2F1316333444654301184%3Fs%3D19

I am supremely confident that the likes of the OP and to be fair several members of this website will sit in an independent Scotland, which they endlessly campaigned for and let define their entire life, spitting feathers because it isn’t how they thought it’d be.

Such is life. We’re six months away from Nigel Farage saying he wishes the UK had never voted to leave the eu. You can never please the obsessives.

32 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

sit doon

25 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

It will go higher. 

6 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

58% and rising. Lovely. Popcorn ready

Those polls mean nothing unfortunately......unless there is a plan to act on them.

Is there a plan? Because I don't see it. Unless asking for another knockback from Boris counts as a plan.

We are being dragged out of Europe and having the powers of the SP trashed through the internal market bill......and our elected leaders moan a lot, but continue to watch on. Meanwhile they continue to deride anyone who has the audacity to even explore a plan B.

As things stand we are being marched up the hill again to grant yet another mandate to people who have spent 6 years no doing very much about independence. 

11 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Those polls mean nothing unfortunately......unless there is a plan to act on them.

Is there a plan? Because I don't see it. Unless asking for another knockback from Boris counts as a plan.

We are being dragged out of Europe and having the powers of the SP trashed through the internal market bill......and our elected leaders moan a lot, but continue to watch on. Meanwhile they continue to deride anyone who has the audacity to even explore a plan B.

As things stand we are being marched up the hill again to grant yet another mandate to people who have spent 6 years no doing very much about independence. 

You mean apart from getting support for independence to unprecedented levels? 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

You mean apart from getting support for independence to unprecedented levels? 

How many people voted in this poll compared to those that actually voted for Independence...?