Have you ever left a game mid way through? If so, why..

12 hours ago, G51 said:

It's not sad or depressing lads, it's how this works. People are going to support the teams they can engage with most often. I grew up with a guy who was a Hearts fan who could only see his team four times a season. Unsurprisingly, he eventually just lost interest.

If other SPFL teams wanted to capture this market, then the solution was to make all of the games available on TV rather than just every Old Firm away game. But the clubs preferred to protect the 3pm blackout and their local markets. Which is absolutely fine, but don't go crying when you can't build a fanbase outside of your stadiums catchment area.

Sanctimonious pish.

17 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Yes.

Left when the 3rd Dundee goal went in....

There have been others but that's definitely the earliest I've ever left.

The upside was I hadn't paid to get in.

I stayed til the bitter end of that. Some laugh. 

Comfortably the most incompetent display of defending I have ever seen and will ever see. That Zak Jules OG is incredible. 

The only time I remember leaving early was when we were relegated on the final day in 2017.  We were cruising at home to Motherwell but because Hamilton were also 2 or 3 up, we were down even if we won.  Left with about 20 minutes left.

When we went down on the final day in 2009 against Falkirk, I stayed until the end as we were 1-0 and a draw would've kept us up.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

This is an interesting point you make. I've seen it on a few occasions in the past where Scottish Football fans regard people from Glasgow that choose not to support Rangers or Celtic as a good thing, yet they view people who are not from Glasgow choosing to support Rangers or Celtic as a bad thing. It totally ruins their argument of "support your local club".

My personal opinion is why does it matter. I would hazard a guess that the majority of folk are likely influenced by their Dad/parents/guardians on choosing who to support, so while the "support your local club" theory is admirable, in reality, young kids don't really care about that and once a team has been with them for so long, it's very rare that someone will have an epiphany one day and choose to support someone else.

I would suggest there are barely any kids out there at all who reach a point where they know they like football, they know they want to support a team but haven't been influenced by someone on who they should support.

Aye I think "support your local team", ignores a lot of the fundamental issues you give above. I grew up in Perth and there wasn't really a choice for me, we went to Easter Road as soon as I could go and saw uncles, grandad, family friends there. There were old firm fans I knew who had similar situations and I wouldn't judge them at all, as they genuinely supported their team and had strong connections to the club and the area through their family history. 

I think guys picking a team from thin air based on who is most successful/on the telly most often is a completely different story. It's the same way I don't take seriously my friends who are Arsenal fans because they liked Thierry Henry growing up, or Barcelona because of the great Pep team. It's fundamentally silly (although I guess you could argue following a football club at all is)

24 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

When we went down on the final day in 2009 against Falkirk, I stayed until the end as we were 1-0 and a draw would've kept us up.

That was really tight at the end of that season, we went from being 11th, to 12th to 10th back to 11th in the last 4 games, and you were only sent down because Hamilton only beat us by a goal. For those of an Invernessian persuasion they may wish not to expand the spoiler..

Spoiler

34.PNG.8da341ef2daeb8c6d7fffdc0164f5143.PNG

35.PNG.3a5efe9afe7155f5808b8d7f0b2aa101.PNG

36.PNG.0c941b7f9b2cfc6e9995e28466d66087.PNG

37.PNG.62850e1a75ae3a48f37280aed97498f4.PNG

38.PNG.2eb626e82322ae300b3dd94d5b61d71f.PNG

58 minutes ago, Ric said:

That was really tight at the end of that season, we went from being 11th, to 12th to 10th back to 11th in the last 4 games, and you were only sent down because Hamilton only beat us by a goal. For those of an Invernessian persuasion they may wish not to expand the spoiler..

Hide contents

34.PNG.8da341ef2daeb8c6d7fffdc0164f5143.PNG

35.PNG.3a5efe9afe7155f5808b8d7f0b2aa101.PNG

36.PNG.0c941b7f9b2cfc6e9995e28466d66087.PNG

37.PNG.62850e1a75ae3a48f37280aed97498f4.PNG

38.PNG.2eb626e82322ae300b3dd94d5b61d71f.PNG

Yep it was horrendous.  Think both times we've been relegated it was on goal difference.  There wasn't a proper shite team either season that was clearly going down from about February onward.

Edited by TheScarf

14 hours ago, Empty It said:

Surely anyone with half a brain cell from anywhere would see Sevco and Celtic for what they are, bigoted sectarian organisations who's fan base glorify terrorists and think nah why would I want to be associated with that.

Not if you are brought up bigoted sectarian to glorify terrorists

Just once.

Accies v Meadowbank. Last home game of 83/84 season.. 

Beautiful sunny day. Terrible game. Went to buy records instead of watching the second half.

Didn't feel remotely bad about it. On reflection I should never have gone back 😆

Edited by Academically Deficient
Spelling

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

Just once.

Accies v Meadowbank. Last home game of 83/84 season.. 

Beautiful sunny day. Terrible game. Went to buy records instead of watching the second half.

Didn't feel remotely bad about it. On reflection I should never have gone back 😆

I feel that this early departure can only be properly judged based on the merits of the records you bought.

Please continue. 

16 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I feel that this early departure can only be properly judged based on the merits of the records you bought.

Please continue. 

Fair point, well made.

Honestly dont recall, but since we are talking April 1984 it could have been The Smiths or other indy artiste.

It would have been a couple of 45s as I wouldn't have been able to afford an lp after paying in at the Accies.

The robbing b*****ds.

11 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Fair point, well made.

Honestly dont recall, but since we are talking April 1984 it could have been The Smiths or other indy artiste.

It would have been a couple of 45s as I wouldn't have been able to afford an lp after paying in at the Accies.

The robbing b*****ds.

I moderately appreciate the cut of your jib. 

The winning answer for April 1984 was Lionel Richie. 

8 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I moderately appreciate the cut of your jib. 

The winning answer for April 1984 was Lionel Richie. 

If the question was;

which slow song do you hope the DJ plays at the end of the night, by which point I'll have had six pints of Export and Elaine from British Steel will be looking foxy, then I might agree with you.