U21's - San Marino Away

G51

On the subject of being profligate in front of goal, thought I'd quickly check record scores at u21 level (picking countries of similar size/full international level, and with results I can find):

• Scotland 5-0 (versus Finland, 1995).
  • Macedonia 7-1 (versus Faroe Islands, 2019)
  • Croatia 10-0 (versus San Marino, October 2020)
  • Wales 6-2 (versus Cyprus, 1993)
  • N.Ireland 5-0 (versus Luxembourg, 2007)
  • Czech Republic 8-0 (a result they've managed four times!)
  • Bosnia 6-0 (versus Liechtenstein, 2017)
  • Slovakia 6-0/7-1 (achieved four times)
  • Slovenia 7-1 (versus Estonia, 2014)
  • Cyprus 6-0 (versus San Marino, 2011)
  • Sweden 6-0 (achieved four times)

What is fun in Wikipedia is that Moldova's record loss is 8-0 versus Greece, but Greece's record win is 6-0 v Latvia/Luxembourg.

Perhaps our 'official' record is duff as well.

Would be nice to improve upon that modest record.

I speak a wee bit of Italian, and kept picking up wee bits and pieces of the commentary. There was a spell in the 1st half where the commentator kept saying 'Colazione'. That means 'breakfast'?!?

Trying to work out what context he was using it in. Perhaps he was just remarking that he had a particularly lovely breakfast 😄

2 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

4-0.  Hornby is our record goalscorer.

He's gonna be affy gid like. Should probably cap him pretty soon incase England start sniffing, if he gets much better they probably will be.  Perfect for a team like us too.

Still very raw and needs to play a good amount of club football but he's totally got it like

19 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I speak a wee bit of Italian, and kept picking up wee bits and pieces of the commentary. There was a spell in the 1st half where the commentator kept saying 'Colazione'. That means 'breakfast'?!?

Trying to work out what context he was using it in. Perhaps he was just remarking that he had a particularly lovely breakfast 😄

Aye but do you speak San Marinese? 

11 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Pleasing. All time top scorer with 10.
Wonder how likely it is he might break into the Reims team in the near future? I know he's had a few sub appearances so far so it bodes fairly well in terms of getting opportunities.

I hope he breaks into the team regular soon because he seems like the exact type of striker that would work well in Clarke's preferred formation. Interestingly since he's went off here we haven't been finishing the good build up play that we were previously. 

From a Well point of view, Barry Maguire has looked good as well.

ETA. As I type we score another.

Edited by Londonwell