U21's - San Marino Away

G51

I haven't been paying much attention to the U21's group since watching them be rubbish at home against Greece and Lithuania. Am I reading this right - we only need 4 points from the final two games to qualify for the finals? 
Yeah, 4pts to top group. 3pts could be enough to qualify by finishing as one of the best 2nd place sides but it'd be very tight.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

I haven't been paying much attention to the U21's group since watching them be rubbish at home against Greece and Lithuania. Am I reading this right - we only need 4 points from the final two games to qualify for the finals? 

When has it ever been the case that a poor result against Lithuania has caused us hassle later on?!

Puts things into perspective - a 0-0 at home to Lithuania, and frankly, a ridiculous 1-0 loss at home to 10-man Greece, and we’re still effectively top of the group (one point behind, but a game in hand).

Just had a quick look and according to Wikipedia the cut-off birthdate for participation in the U21 Euros is 1 Jan 1998. Which means Ross McCrorie could captain the team to Scotland's first ever U21 Euros Championship aged 23. Magic.

4 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

When has it ever been the case that a poor result against Lithuania has caused us hassle later on?!

Puts things into perspective - a 0-0 at home to Lithuania, and frankly, a ridiculous 1-0 loss at home to 10-man Greece, and we’re still effectively top of the group (one point behind, but a game in hand).

Funnily enough, from memory those performances against Lithuania and especially Greece were actually amongst our best in the group.