Proposal that is WIN/WIN for all member clubs

This propossl incorporates ideas from many clubs at our level ...

We stick by the promise of non punishment for the clubs that have decided they cannot play and respect their decision.

We offer promotion from premier to LL if conditions allow (licence in place)

We promote from the conferences – to get the PL to an even number – so 3 Conference winners if the PL Champ is promoted or 3 Conference winners with best runner up or play off if PL Champions do not go up.

So a potential 24 team Premier League for one season (don't panic) but here is my suggestion

THE PL in 2021/22 starts with (lets call it 24 worst case scenario)

Spilt into 2 groups of 12 (first phase)
Play each other twice (22 games)
Top 6 in each go into promotion path
Bottom 6 in each go into Relegation path

In each pathway teams play each other one time (11 games) – the home and away set up would be determined before the season kicks of eg Team who finishes top of Group A (first phase) plays team who finishes 6th in Group B at home and team that finished 5away sort of idea and so on so that it is fair

Promotion and Relegation Paths start with zero points

For Promotion Paths clubs play 11 games and the winner is champion
For relegation phase clubs play 11 games and NINE clubs are relegated

3 come up from Conferences at the end of that season and we have 18 team PL (get it down to 16) following season with 5 down, 3 up

This approach would see competitive football for all this season 

It would also see inceased revenue for participating clubs when fans are back fans will travel at business end of season if competitive so more revenue for all

There is also an option for the clubs who have withdrawn to come back in - adjust their budget and participate in Premier or conference with no chance of relegation 

If we are going to fond a solution to the mess we are in we need a fix that works for all 

As I said this is not my idea I have just joined up some views from other people 

3 hours ago, Glass ceiling said:

...THE PL in 2021/22 starts with (lets call it 24 worst case scenario)...

Only possible sensible reason I can think for not doing it that way is that the SFA have objected to expanding beyond 20 in a tier 6 league. Would they though under these circumstances? Seems a bit farfetched they would be that petty given there's a big difference in workload for them between 24 in conferences and 67 in conferences.

5 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Looking in from down south, many good ideas with leagues trying their best to get going. My only question is about the SFA, is this a biggish organisation or just two old guys with a typewriter trying to blunder their way through ? Seem dead set in their ways trying to protect the Old Guard 

The SFA have spanned across three centuries.

The biggest joke outfit Scotland has ever produced.