Craig McEwan Resigns

It is with a heavy heart that after a phone call today from the club I have tendered my resignation.

I have had 10 brilliant years at the club winning trophies as a player and a manager.

Many fantastic memories that I will cherish especially being inducted into the Glenafton hall of fame and winning the treble.

I would like to thank all the players that I have played alongside and worked with over the last 10 years.

The current group of players and I were really excited to see what the new and exciting season had to offer and have worked tirelessly over the course of pre season to be ready. We were really excited after we voted as a club to get back playing. The committee has to do what’s best for the club and today they have decided to withdraw from the WOSFL.

I would also like to thanks Pottsy, Billy and Michelle for all the efforts and making my job easier and enjoyable over the time I have been manager.

Also I would to go on record thanking the committee for all there efforts with this fantastic club over the years and I will always be a supporter of the Glens.

A very special mention to the fans of the club who have been a avid supporter of myself and my teams over the years.

Flow gently, sweet Afton

[emoji837][emoji836]️[emoji837]

He wanted Glenafton to play this season and the committee didn't.

Struggling to understand why after such nice words he would resign... he talks about the players, fans and committee, being there 10 years etc why leave then?? 

6 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

Does anyone think he has left for money issues? Real shame that someone should  Rely on money from tear 6 football 

Nothing to do with money. He put in a lot of work getting his team ready for the new season, Glenafton voted to continue the season then he finds out today they've changed their minds. 

He obviously disagrees with the decision and has resigned. 

10 hours ago, oldbeforetime said:

So after 10 amazing years he leaves because the club is looking after the players, fans and committee???  

A lot depends on whether the players and management were willing to play on expenses only until fans get back. If not, the committee have a stronger case for doing what they did. If they have been playing friendlies  in recent weeks, it almost certainly isn't about a sudden concern over safety.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, tartantam said:

Exactly guy has committed a good chunk of his time and life to the club and will have worked his arse off to have got everything ready for the new season and at the last minute his club have needlessly panicked and jumped ship into the abyss for nearly another year after 8 months of no competitive football. 

"Needlessly panicked and jumped shipped", you are not being serious surely? Their statement quite clearly states its down to financial implications of the current restrictions, its no that difficult to get your head around. In a few weeks there would be no money for wages due to dependency on match day income. Sounds like the correct decision to me. I would be very surprised if many teams across the leagues with sizable outgoings do not come to the same conclusion down the line, probably sooner than later.

Edited by tell_me_more