Clyde vs Thistle -17th October opening day

59 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I genuinely would quite like to admire Clyde in that they are like a scabby old mongrel that refuses to die no matter how many times it is kicked.

Unfortunately posts like the deluded pish above just make that impossible.

On behalf of every other Clyde fan I'd like to say he's clutching at straws with this one.

2 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

I was surprised at the performance level yesterday. We have looked pretty decent going forward in the league cup games excluding one half against Queens Park. It was also the opening day of a campaign where promotion is a must in terms of achievement for us. I by no means expected us to show up and coast to a win, but I was expecting us to get the three points in a tightly contested game, which is why I predicted a 1-0 win for us. This obviously did not happen and Clyde were worth the three points and we were not. We missed Williamson and Lyons , two of our most creative players out wide were on the bench for the majority of the game which didn’t help, Koudier-Assia was isolated up top, very little in ways of chances for us, we clearly missed Graham. We were also too easily cut open and only Sneddon prevented us from conceding more as Clyde should have probably scored at least one or two of those chances. We should’ve played far far better than we did but the fact is we were poor and didn’t deserve anything from the game. 

Another very honest assessment from you. Refreshing to see on here. Normally people take to digs at Goodwillie, Ally Love or the fact we dont play in Glasgow anymore when we deservedly beat them!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Not really sure where people are getting that we’ve looked good going forward in pre-season/the league cup. Created a bunch of chances against St Mirren but didn’t take them, created very little against Queens Park, and didn’t take the few chances we made against QOTS. Scored 3 goals in 3 games from open play, but the way some people on here are going on about it is like we’ve been scoring goals for fun.

9 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Not really sure where people are getting that we’ve looked good going forward in pre-season/the league cup. Created a bunch of chances against St Mirren but didn’t take them, created very little against Queens Park, and didn’t take the few chances we made against QOTS. Scored 3 goals in 3 games from open play, but the way some people on here are going on about it is like we’ve been scoring goals for fun.

@ me next time lol
you make a fair point that we didn’t set the group alight with goals, but we did look positive going forward in most games, apart from the first half against Queen’s Park like I said earlier. and created a large number of chances, yes we didn’t take enough of them but we were very creative. Now that’s not me saying we did well to just create chances of course you need to take them of you want to do well, I’m simply saying I was surprised at the real lack of creativity in the final third yesterday. We were flat and very slow in areas and kept sending long aimless balls into the box which I swear looked like we were doing with our eyes closed. 

21 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Nope - I’m afraid you are wrong.

I would define the size of a Club by what they have achieved.  For instance, major trophies.  In Scotland, that is the top tier championship, Scottish Cup and League Cup.

It is clear that Clyde are a bigger club than either Partick or Falkirk.  

Just one question:

If Clyde is such a big club and the top flight and major cups are so important how come Clyde hasn’t even been eligible to win the top flight since before James Callaghan became Prime Minister and they haven’t won a major domestic trophy since shortly after rationing was discontinued?

If your criteria suggests Dumbarton is a bigger club than St Johnstone, or that Queen’s Park is a comparable team to Kilmarnock or Dundee United, the problem is probably with your criteria.

18 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Just one question:

If Clyde is such a big club and the top flight and major cups are so important how come Clyde hasn’t even been eligible to win the top flight since before James Callaghan became Prime Minister and they haven’t won a major domestic trophy since shortly after rationing was discontinued?

If your criteria suggests Dumbarton is a bigger club than St Johnstone, or that Queen’s Park is a comparable team to Kilmarnock or Dundee United, the problem is probably with your criteria.

He's just excited because his wee diddy team beat a team from the big city.