Clyde vs Thistle -17th October opening day

3 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Nope - I’m afraid you are wrong.

I would define the size of a Club by what they have achieved.  For instance, major trophies.  In Scotland, that is the top tier championship, Scottish Cup and League Cup.

It is clear that Clyde are a bigger club than either Partick or Falkirk.  

A size of club is defined on how big the club is in terms of support, not what league they are in, or what they’ve won in decades gone by (for example, neither of the 3 clubs you mentioned have won a major trophy in a long long time) 
I actually never mentioned Thistle at all in my argument, but you can’t honestly believe Clyde are a bigger club than Falkirk, we’re all League 1 clubs, but take the tinted specs off, as I said I’m not a Falkirk fan, but I’ll admit they are a decent sized club. 

Although their fans probably aren't in the slightest, I was quite surprised at how poor Thistle were yesterday. Didn't really look to have any sort of game plan and their build up play was so slow and predictable. As David said earlier, Cardle was rubbish. The ginger boy Gordon I don't think touched the ball in the whole time he was on the park and Kouider-Aissa was so isolated. Surely Fosters not a better option than Williamson? Lyons is a terrific player who should be starting every week in this league so was surprised he started on the bench too.

Fitness levels from our players was second to none. Something I thought we might be a bit more lacking in this season with the departures of Grant, Rankin and McStay but you couldn't tell who was the part-time side out there.

Although their fans probably aren't in the slightest, I was quite surprised at how poor Thistle were yesterday. Didn't really look to have any sort of game plan and their build up play was so slow and predictable. As David said earlier, Cardle was rubbish. The ginger boy Gordon I don't think touched the ball in the whole time he was on the park and Kouider-Aissa was so isolated. Surely Fosters not a better option than Williamson? Lyons is a terrific player who should be starting every week in this league so was surprised he started on the bench too.
Fitness levels from our players was second to none. Something I thought we might be a bit more lacking in this season with the departures of Grant, Rankin and McStay but you couldn't tell who was the part-time side out there.
Yup.
Thistle were shite.

You don’t think Falkirk are a bigger club, regardless of league, than Clyde? I ain’t no Falkirk fan but, come on now...[emoji23][emoji23]

Obviously we are all diddy clubs this season.

The one thing I will say about Clyde is that they did us a bit of damage last season.

However, I think they may be about to repay us this season with their 4 ‘Derby’ fixtures against Thistle.

Quite amusing that it’s considered a derby when they are actually closer located to ourselves than Firhill....

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Obviously we are all diddy clubs this season.

The one thing I will say about Clyde is that they did us a bit of damage last season.

However, I think they may be about to repay us this season with their 4 ‘Derby’ fixtures against Thistle.

Quite amusing that it’s considered a derby when they are actually closer located to ourselves than Firhill....

Isn't Dunfermline v Falkirk considered a derby? That's even more amusing.

4 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Agreed; our work rate was fantastic to a man. As usual under Lennon, I have to say. 
To the extent that Goodwillie amongst others were  completely knackered at the end of the 90! 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

3 hours ago, C. Muir said:

I was surprised at the performance level yesterday. We have looked pretty decent going forward in the league cup games excluding one half against Queens Park. It was also the opening day of a campaign where promotion is a must in terms of achievement for us. I by no means expected us to show up and coast to a win, but I was expecting us to get the three points in a tightly contested game, which is why I predicted a 1-0 win for us. This obviously did not happen and Clyde were worth the three points and we were not. We missed Williamson and Lyons , two of our most creative players out wide were on the bench for the majority of the game which didn’t help, Koudier-Assia was isolated up top, very little in ways of chances for us, we clearly missed Graham. We were also too easily cut open and only Sneddon prevented us from conceding more as Clyde should have probably scored at least one or two of those chances. We should’ve played far far better than we did but the fact is we were poor and didn’t deserve anything from the game. 

Edited by R&Y99

5 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Nope - I’m afraid you are wrong.

I would define the size of a Club by what they have achieved.  For instance, major trophies.  In Scotland, that is the top tier championship, Scottish Cup and League Cup.

It is clear that Clyde are a bigger club than either Partick or Falkirk.  

I genuinely would quite like to admire Clyde in that they are like a scabby old mongrel that refuses to die no matter how many times it is kicked.

Unfortunately posts like the deluded pish above just make that impossible.

We dwarf Clyde in terms of budget. But they dwarfed us yesterday in terms of team spirit, fitness, fight, being up for the game etc 

Worrying and quite disgraceful that our players were not up for it in any way.

Although it was only 1-0 the better team more than comfortably won and really deserved to win by at least 4.  We have Sneddon to thank for it not being a hammering.

very worrying start and I expect Airdrie to be as up for the game in next Saturday in  every way that Clyde were and if we are not then can only held Sneddon is on form again to prevent an annihilation 

5 hours ago, JagsCG said:

A size of club is defined on how big the club is in terms of support, not what league they are in, or what they’ve won in decades gone by (for example, neither of the 3 clubs you mentioned have won a major trophy in a long long time) 
I actually never mentioned Thistle at all in my argument, but you can’t honestly believe Clyde are a bigger club than Falkirk, we’re all League 1 clubs, but take the tinted specs off, as I said I’m not a Falkirk fan, but I’ll admit they are a decent sized club. 

In that case Queens Park completely dwarf all of us bar the old firm surely