Clyde vs Thistle -17th October opening day

Just read Ian McCall's post match comments..

“In the absence of having another striker to bring on we tried to get as much creativity on as possible with the likes of Blair Lyons and Blair Spittal but even then we couldn’t carve them open and you can only credit Clyde for the way they defended their lead once they got it.”

With the Jags pushing forward, Clyde had a number of opportunities to put the game to bed but some fine saves from the Thistle number 1, Jamie Sneddon, kept the side in the game right until the end.

“Jamie’s saves were brilliant and, to be honest, he kept us in it. Towards the end of the game they were creating more because we put Darren Brownlie up front and really going for it meaning Jamie had to make some really good stops which he did brilliantly.”

So we sat back on our lead but Jamie Sneddon pulled off some fine saves.

Was he watching the same game?

Edited by Fast_Action

I’ve had a couple of hours to digest the game now and I still can’t believe just how poor we were. We just did not show up today. The possession over the course of the game was pretty even but when we were on the ball we just did not use it effectively, lots of balls in the box with no one on the end of them and misplaced passes. Clyde kept cutting us open and only some great stops from Sneddon stopped them from scoring more. We only had two big chances in the game Kouider-Aissa‘s header in the first half and the rebound from Docherty hitting the post which I believe also fell to Kouider-Aissa. You could see we missed Brian Graham up top today. Over the course of the 90 minutes Clyde deserved the three points and I can’t complain about that but what I can is the abysmal showing from us today. Much improvement needed for Airdrie next week.