Clyde vs Thistle -17th October opening day

Thistle do have some decent players there.  Jamie Sneddon was outstanding.  Blair Spittal caused us all thoughts of problems when he came on.  Disappointed that Chris Johnston didn't get that shot away at th end.  I am a CJ fan and with such little time on, it would have been good to see him double our lead.  Men of the match for me were Tom Lang and Ally Love who works like a trojan.  

This league will be tight with both Thistle and Falkirk aiming for top spot.  However it was just good to be back to league action.  

Edited by Fast_Action

Can COVID cancel football again please? That was fucking woeful. Shea Gordon needs to get himself so far to f**k.

McCall has done an absolutely terrible job since the turn of the year, when he effectively turned the squad from Caldwell’s duds to his own. I daresay if this was a Caldwell team today (certainly played like one), the majority of us would be calling for his head.

I was surprised at how comfortable that was. Apart from 1 moment in each half, we didn’t look like conceding a goal. At the other end, we created perhaps 4 or 5 great chances. Love’s finish was excellent btw. 
Good to see Syvertsen start for the first time on over a year. Still looks short of fitness but he did have some nice touches and he should improve as long as he remains injury free. 
Goodwillie had a tough shift today and was clearly being marked closely by the Thistle defence. However, his work rate is such that he creates space for others and I think that became obvious as the game progressed. Difficult to see without being there, but I’m betting that he was dragging his markers all over the place. 
Thought Shields did well today after being suspect last week. He made a few decent runs forward too. And McNiff is so much better central than on the left where he so often looked lost last season. 
A great start. I do feel that we are still short in midfield (Don’t think Howie is the answer !) and perhaps some cover at the back too. Which makes the recent keeper signing a bit strange.