Clyde vs Thistle -17th October opening day

14 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Obviously I am bias but I do struggle to see past Graham, he is a quality striker with all the attributes a front man needs. Should really be in with a shout of going for top scorer this season. There are of course other good strikers in the league, I just personally feel Graham is the best.  

To be fair, Goodwillie at his peak would undoubtedly be the best striker in the league, by an absolute fucking mile. I have no idea what he’s like now, but I imagine he’s still pretty good.

He’d be nowhere near this division if it wasn’t for the whole “being a rapist” thing.

53 minutes ago, Reid said:

A lot less confident with Graham, he’s the best striker in the league and important to how we play. I’ve yet to be convinced by Rudden and we’ve seen very little of Kouder-Aissa. Hopefully Spittal starts instead of Gordon too.

Brian Graham hasn't scored >9 league goals in a season since 12-13. He isn't even the best striker in the West End ffs. He hasn't actually played in the third tier since 2007, and it's a very different league than the Championship. Shocking shout that.

42 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Obviously I am bias but I do struggle to see past Graham, he is a quality striker with all the attributes a front man needs. Should really be in with a shout of going for top scorer this season. There are of course other good strikers in the league, I just personally feel Graham is the best.  

Without sounding like a total arse (as normally will happen when I comment), I have a couple of mates who support Hibs and one that supports Ross County and both groups moaned about him constantly, with the exception of a few specific games. Quite a poor scoring record (99 goals in 17 seasons with one season where he scored 18 for Raith being an outlier and bumping that figure up) and only 31 career assists according to Transfermarkt. What is it he brings as a frontman at Thistle that makes fans think he'll storm the league? Don't get me wrong, he might well, but it seems like a bit of a bizarre assumption given his limited output. 

Edited by Brian Carrigan

3 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Without sounding like a total arse (as normally will happen when I comment), I have a couple of mates who support Hibs and one that supports Ross County and both groups moaned about him constantly, with the exception of a few specific games. Quite a poor scoring record and only 31 career assists according to Transfermarkt. What is it he brings as a frontman at Thistle that makes fans think he'll storm the league? Don't get me wrong, he might well, but it seems like a bit of a bizarre assumption.

I could well be wrong regarding how his season will go but he does look to me like a player who will come in with a good return this season. His league scoring record with us is decent, 3 in 6. In pre season he certainly has looked up to the task, he should be a key player for us this season. Only time will tell how he does, him being suspended for the opening 3 games is a blow for us.

I'm sure Brian Graham is gutted he didn't rape anyone and have to spend his career in League One and Two in Scotland padding his goalscoring record so he had more than this arbitrary figure of >9 league goals in a season.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

4 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I'm sure Brian Graham is gutted he didn't rape anyone and have to spend his career in League One and Two in Scotland padding his goalscoring record so he had more than this abitrary figure of >9 league goals in a season.

Simmer kid. It's not an arbitrary figure, it is a literal figure and was me being kind. Taking the one 18 goal season out, he averages just over 5 goals a season. No one is saying Goodwillie isn't a horrendous rapist and as a consequence plays way below his level. My question was what makes Brian Graham so valuable to Thistle.

Good to see you're taking your new found and extremely deserved level well though.

6 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

I’ve always found it very sinister that Clyde fans actively cheer on a rapist. It worries me how they act around women outside of football. 

I know the Falkirk threads tend to be depressing places but this interloping borders on obsessive.

Also, yer maw is quite happy with how I treat her.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

31 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Brian Graham hasn't scored >9 league goals in a season since 12-13. He isn't even the best striker in the West End ffs. He hasn't actually played in the third tier since 2007, and it's a very different league than the Championship. Shocking shout that.

20 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Without sounding like a total arse (as normally will happen when I comment), I have a couple of mates who support Hibs and one that supports Ross County and both groups moaned about him constantly, with the exception of a few specific games. Quite a poor scoring record (99 goals in 17 seasons with one season where he scored 18 for Raith being an outlier and bumping that figure up) and only 31 career assists according to Transfermarkt. What is it he brings as a frontman at Thistle that makes fans think he'll storm the league? Don't get me wrong, he might well, but it seems like a bit of a bizarre assumption given his limited output. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Simmer kid. It's not an arbitrary figure, it is a literal figure and was me being kind. Taking the one 18 goal season out, he averages just over 5 goals a season. No one is saying Goodwillie isn't a horrendous rapist and as a consequence plays way below his level. My question was what makes Brian Graham so valuable to Thistle.

Good to see you're taking your new found and extremely deserved level well though.

2 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I know the Falkirk threads tend to be depressing places but this interloping borders on obsessive.

Also, yer maw is quite happy with how I treat her.

You're right, the posts so far definitely show which one of us is taking it well and which one isn't.

7 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

You're right, the posts so far definitely show which one of us is taking it well and which one isn't.

Taking what well? Thistle being relegated? You've quoted four posts, none of which make it seem like I have a rage boner anywhere near as throbbing as yours is. I'm not sure you really thought your comment out, maybe wipe the angry drool off your keyboard and start again my man 😘

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

To be fair, Goodwillie at his peak would undoubtedly be the best striker in the league, by an absolute fucking mile. I have no idea what he’s like now, but I imagine he’s still pretty good.

He’d be nowhere near this division if it wasn’t for the whole “being a rapist” thing.

He’s still a tremendous footballer and I personally would have him as the best striker in the league. 
I’m still glad he doesn’t play for Falkirk mind you. Not a fucking chance would I pay money to fund his wages.

Edited by wee_bairn

Graham, is our best striker from what I’ve seen, and should do well in this league, however I doubt he’ll be League top scorer because as has been pointed out, he’s never been a prolific Goalscorer, or certainly not for a long time. 
Goodwillie probably is the best striker in the league, although I’ve yet to see him play, apart from in the Cup vs us last season, where he was pretty awful. 

45 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

He’s still a tremendous footballer and I personally would have him as the best striker in the league. 
I’m still glad he doesn’t play for Falkirk mind you. Not a fucking chance would I pay money to fund his wages.

I don't think there's much doubt that he's the best striker in the league, and it really is unfortunate that he plays for my club. I pay money towards his wages, but he's actually friends with your club captain, who if rumour is to be believed was instrumental in Falkirk almost signing Goodwillie in January. My point is the buck doesn't stop at the Clyde fans for continuing to support the club we love, the Goodwillie issue is a far reaching one and if everyone that enabled him playing football was held to account, we wouldn't have a competition in Scotland.

Out of interest in your stance, did you boycott the games at Broadwood last season and if so will you continue to this season? 

4 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Goodwillie probably is the best striker in the league, although I’ve yet to see him play, apart from in the Cup vs us last season, where he was pretty awful. 

He was indeed pretty awful that night but was his first start after injury in the play off final with basically no pre season behind him.

Hopefully Danny has some awful shouts from Tuesday night like Howie in midfield and Rumsby starting out his mind ahead of this.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Here we go again...the very epitome of tedious, repetitive arguments.

You could avoid tedious arguments about whether you should hire rapists to play football if you didn’t hire any rapists to play football.

3 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

You could avoid tedious arguments about whether you should hire rapists to play football if you didn’t hire any rapists to play football.

Here's how this works

1. Player is recommended to club or catches eye of manager

2. Manager asks Board if player signing could be funded

3. Board says yes or no

4. If yes, player is offered deal

5. If acceptable player accepts and is signed

I haven't worked it out yet, but where in the above do I get to input my opinion, assuming I had one of course? 

If you can't answer that, then why do I, and others,  need to suffer your repetitive tedium? 

Clue: those who have a part to play don't read P&B, so aren't swayed by the tedious and repetitive references.  

11 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Here's how this works

1. Player is recommended to club or catches eye of manager

2. Manager asks Board if player signing could be funded

3. Board says yes or no

4. If yes, player is offered deal

5. If acceptable player accepts and is signed

I haven't worked it out yet, but where in the above do I get to input my opinion, assuming I had one of course? 

If you can't answer that, then why do I, and others,  need to suffer your repetitive tedium? 

Clue: those who have a part to play don't read P&B, so aren't swayed by the tedious and repetitive references.  

Here's how this works:

1. A court finds that David Goodwillie is a rapist.

2. All non scummy clubs don't touch him with a barge pole.

3. A scummy club touches him.

4. Its fans fail to boycott their club until he's off the payroll.

5. Clyde fans therefore fund a rapist.

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

Here's how this works:

1. A court finds that David Goodwillie is a rapist.

2. All non scummy clubs don't touch him with a barge pole.

3. A scummy club touches him.

4. Its fans fail to boycott their club until he's off the payroll.

5. Clyde fans therefore fund a rapist.

You'll need to work on your guilt trips, that was a weak retort.