Clyde vs Thistle -17th October opening day

2 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

It’s not a derby.

I’m just happy for the return of league football. I would actually like us to have a derby again as it does add a bit of extra spice to a game but it has of course fallen out of relevance with fans. Title had a ring to it mate. :P

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

It’s not a derby.

Agreed, a derby to me always has to consist of teams in the same area, and since Clyde rent out a stadium from the council in Cumbernauld, which is outside Glasgow, it’s not officially a derby to me.

34 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The clubs are closer together than Ross/ICT, Newcastle/Sunderland, Portsmouth/Southampton or Ipswich/Norwich. I doubt any of those would not be considered a "derby" by their respective fans, so your criteria falls down, imo.

Fair point, but it’s not a “Glasgow Derby”  to me. I’d consider a few of those mentioned rivalries but not derbies, although as you say, their fans may disagree with me. 

40 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The clubs are closer together than Ross/ICT, Newcastle/Sunderland, Portsmouth/Southampton or Ipswich/Norwich. I doubt any of those would not be considered a "derby" by their respective fans, so your criteria falls down, imo.

In most of the cases you mention the clubs are closer, geographically, than any other club. Obviously, Colchester/Ipswich has more of a claim geographically. Ipswich/Norwich is more relevant because they are more closely matched in terms of quality.

By all means call Thistle/Clyde a derby if you want. It really isn't though, so I'll pass.

I'm not particularly bothered whether people think it is, was just disputing the criteria provided. I've grown to dislike QP more in recent years, but as I never meet a fan of either team then I don't get worked up about the matches as much as I might if I lived locally.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Bookies predicting a close one. Clyde 7/4 Thistle 5/4 on bet365.

Important we come through tomorrows cup game with no injuries. Going by the state of Dumbarton's 2 goals on Saturday I fully expect us to concede so hopefully we have our shooting boots on at the other end.

15 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Agreed, a derby to me always has to consist of teams in the same area, and since Clyde rent out a stadium from the council in Cumbernauld, which is outside Glasgow, it’s not officially a derby to me.

This is the most sorearse comment I've ever read I think, delicious