Ayr United v Queen of the South - multi club forum match thread

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think it looks like Baird clips him but I may be wrong. As said its not a good angle to get any real clarity on it.

Nah watch just his boots in the slow motion he clicks them together and jumps up. 

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He has McCowan by the back of the head when he's going by, you can see it in the slow motion, that's what he stupidly reacted to.  

Screenshot_2020-10-18-01-16-31-638_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

I looked again. There is a hand on his shoulder / neck briefly. Not sure if its deliberate or incidental. You may be right but I thought that was incidental due to way McCowan moved just as Buchanan plays the ball. He has certainly got two opponents sent off for raising arms at him in two games though. Maybe it isnt a coincidence.

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Nah watch just his boots in the slow motion he clicks them together and jumps up. 

I've watched it LOTS. I think it looks like Baird catches his left toe on the way past but as I say, its not a great angle. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I looked again. There is a hand on his shoulder / neck briefly. Not sure if its deliberate or incidental. You may be right but I thought that was incidental due to way McCowan moved just as Buchanan plays the ball. He has certainly got two opponents sent off for raising arms at him in two games though. Maybe it isnt a coincidence.

I've watched it LOTS. I think it looks like Baird catches his left toe on the way past but as I say, its not a great angle. 

Buchanan is just that kind of player really, good for him if he's found something he's good at though because defending probably isn't it :thumsup2

Fair enough we just see that incident wildly differently then. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I'm not sure why Buchanan wasn't booked for his part in McCowan's red card, one of those where they are as guilty as eachother.  Luke shouldn't have fallen into the trap. 

Remember when Moore kicked him in the nuts. I really dislike Buchanan.

Watching from Dubai and the reliability of the stream was very good. Only one “pause,” as soon as I hit refresh it came back within 5 seconds.

The reliability of the streaming was also great with our own and the Morton and Airdrie away matches.

I think if you’re experiencing a lot of buffering the issue is either in your home or your local area’s internet.

I thought the stream was excellent. I'll definitely be watching as many games as I can when I'm not working. 500 people watching was encouraging.

As for the game, I thought QotS were on top for the majority of the game, especially in the second half.

Really pleased with how we held on for 3 points and I'm delighted that we have a quality keeper to replace Doohan.

Having watched the highlights back, I think the Maxwell call is spot on, to be honest. The clearly wrong one is the first penalty, that's one of the clearest red card decisions that McLean will have to make all season, and he's got it wrong.

The other incident I'd have liked to have seen again was Muirhead's challenge on Fitzpatrick in the first half that left Fitzpatrick needing treatment. The follow through looked nasty at the time.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

Perhaps if Buchanan hadn't been pulling at Baird it may well have been a red card, but he wasn't completely innocent either. That's probably why the ref didn't take that course of action.

McCowan displayed a bit of inexperience. I can understand why he pushed Buchanan but when an opponent grabs you by the scruff of the neck there are better ways to get even.

Nonsense, it’s a stonewall penalty but that’s not a red card. 

The rules changed in 2016 to prevent teams being  unfairly penalised by losing a man and a goal. It’s not an automatic sending off for preventing a goal scoring opportunity.

It's the clearest red card you are likely to see out with a punch or a two footed lunge.

Robinson loses his man for the first. McKee loses him the second time but Maxwell also gives Moffat all the time in the world to head back across. No idea what the other free 5 QoS players were doing.

Maxwell looks like a dive for the penalty and a second yellow was the correct call. Big loss for Saturday.

Stupid from McCowan. Buchanan got what he wanted with his actions but that's football. The boy needs to learn to deal with that,not lash out.

I thought the penalty was a bit 50/50 in terms of pulling each other, but can see why it’s given. Thought we looked really good from set pieces. Considering we were missing our 2 creative players, we still had a few chances and Moffat unlucky not to make it 100. Keeper had a cracking game as well.

Would like to see another striker and attacking midfielder in for the Inverness game and I’ll be happy with the squad assembled. 

. Thought we looked really good from set pieces.

I can almost guarantee you won't look as good at set pieces against any other side this season.

I was both giggling and shouting at the tele yesterday when the commentator said something similar. I was informing him from my livingroom it had nothing to do with Ayr being good at them just our complete inability to deal with them.

I think Buchanan has been watching Sergio Ramos a bit too much. He's trying to be subtle about it but he is pulling/pushing.

Also, he has a reputation (rightly or wrongly) which I expect played on McLean for making the decision tbh.

I think he's a bawbag of a player but I expect he's one of these guys if he plays for you and engages in the dark arts you'd be happy to have him.