Ayr United v Queen of the South - multi club forum match thread

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

*were

Ah, deflection. The title of Chapter 4

I wasnt talking nonsense. The rules are pretty clear that it should have been a red card. Opinions mean nothing

f**k me you’re  a tedious little twat aren’t you.

Edited by Hazbart

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It was the guys who were standing outside the ground at the fence. Would have been funny if it was someone inside the stadium 😄

Honestly you've ruined that moment for me now... The thought of an Ayr director shouting that had me in stitches.

13 hours ago, Mr X said:

Absolute stick on red card for the Queens penalty. Buchanan scores if he isnt hauled to the ground. Its hard to tell if Maxwell was caught or not. I dont think anyone would have complained to loudly if it hadnt been a penalty but to send him off was ridiculous

He has got you there though - Yeah ridiculous to give a player a second yellow for diving right enough? 🤣 

Language is important but then I'm not a hypocrite. I'm not sure you can say the same. [emoji2958]
Hypocrite?

If he's clearly dived, then, yes it's a second yellow. I don't think the footage shows that he clearly dived.

The footage does clearly show that buchanan was deliberately fouled and that if we wasn't he had a clear goal scoring opportunity.

I'll admit "ridiculous" was probably over the top

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Read posts again , statements are 

if he gives a penalty it must be a red card

if he gives a penalty red card must follow 

Its referees decision if he thinks it’s accidental or deliberate , and no matter what any one thinks on here ( including me ) the referee must have seen  it as accidental and does not issue red card , end of 

Hauling a player to the ground with your hands clearly can't be a genuine attempt to play the ball, so those statements are entirely correct in relation to this incident.

18 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Hauling a player to the ground with your hands clearly can't be a genuine attempt to play the ball, so those statements are entirely correct in relation to this incident.

I stated I thought it was a sending off , just also said referee must have thought differently 

I've watched the slow motion of this penalty at 0.25 speed on YouTube (you aren't getting much slower) at the point the penalty is given they are both fouling eachother, Baird does actually jump as the ball is coming his way and because Buchanan is grabbing him he gets turned around, ref could probably have just let that carry on and award the goal kick after Obileye's shot went for a goal kick but I'm equally not bothered with the decision to award it, no cards needed. 

However it shouldn't have got to that point, if the referee was paying attention to the box he would have awarded the penalty here (which is why I'm not bothered) probably without caution.

IMG_20201018_143054.thumb.jpg.6a92ca114ae3867a45571a48bd8ff031.jpg

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Does anyone remember the penalty that preceeded the pitch invader who has even made it into the opening sequence of a view from the terrace? Down in Dumfries two seasons ago?

Rose tripped Dobbie (at least I think it was Dobbie) and should have been off. I recall the discussion afterwards being focused on the pitch invader being hung drawn and quartered. That's maybe because Queens scored 5 and won comfortably.

Yes, you mean the one being discussed here:

On 02/09/2018 at 14:40, Skyline Drifter said:

Perhaps he was coming on to explain what a red card offence is. Quite how your centre half stayed on at the second penalty is beyond me. If he was on the pitch when it was taken it should really have been retaken.

On 02/09/2018 at 14:55, Skyline Drifter said:

They were expecting red because it clearly should have been red. The "new rule", which has been in 2 seasons now, should have no relevance. I have no idea how he construed either the initial shove or the follow up trip as a genuine attempt to play the ball.

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I do not understand what you are arguing here. You cant claim "a penalty was fair". You can claim Buchanan was fouling first / more if you want and Ayr should get the free kick. You simply cannot say a penalty is correct 3 yards from the goaline wresting him down without even looking at the ball and it not be a red card. You cant decide to interpret rules differently.

Its a penalty and a red card or its a free kick to Ayr (or I guess potentially nothing given at all and goes for a goal kick). There is no scenario where that is legitimately a penalty and no red card.

Using the letter of the law then you are correct, however I see similar incidents week in week out in matches throughout the UK and Europe and I can't recall EVER seeing a defender given a "Straight Red" for this type of offence.

Don't worry, you know what they say, these things always even themselves out over a season........

6 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

He's 2 yards from an unguarded part of the net. @RandomGuy. would tell us the xG is about as high as it gets with that chance.

Whether you personally agree or not, once that penalty is given it has to be a red card. There are no other correct interpretations of the laws of the game.

Highest xG chance I've ever come across was missed...

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

I'll admit "ridiculous" was probably over the top

At least we can agree on that.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes, you mean the one being discussed here:

Indeed, that's the one. I'm sure it descended into vilifying the drunk guy who made it on the park. That being said it was significantly less contentious than yesterdays so probably less tinted specs on show.

59 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

So that's the third consecutive season which Ayr have conceded a penalty to us and clearly should have had a man sent off under this rule, but none have been given? 😂 Quality officiating.

Aye, very strange. What was the third one? I've obviously blocked it out.