Ayr United v Queen of the South - multi club forum match thread

Just now, Robbo63 said:

If you read a number of post from a number of fans they ALL state conceding a penalty is an automatic red card , my point is proving that it’s not 

I don't think anyone's saying that at all.

I think everyone gets the subtlety of it entirely.  The stuff you've quoted simply proves it should have been a red card.

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Read through it again then at 3/4 have stated penalty is a red card 

I don't think that's the case. I think people stated that THAT penalty is a red card, which it absolutely should have been, not that every penalty is a red card, which it clearly isn't.

It’s quite obviously a red card for Baird and we’re lucky we won’t be missing him for Saturday as I think he’s been great for us since he came in. McCowan will be a big enough miss.

I QOS were probably worth a point and no more simply based on Goss’ chance at the death. We were dire to watch at times but Kerr has at least admitted that they knew they’d have no width going forward due to Walsh and Zanatta being out. Reassuring to hear though that business will be done this week to strengthen the squad.

25 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Lol wut?

I don't need to come up with anything. You're the one scrabbling around justifying a decision by quoting rules you clearly don't understand

Ok champ.

I’m not “scrabbling” around. (Wtf does that even mean?)

I hardly quoted the rules, I just said the rules were changed so it’s not always a sending off.

The ref has either decide it wasn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity, the defender made an attempt to get the ball or the foul was accidental. Given his previous against us I’d be surprised if Steven Mclean did us any favours at all. 

Dry your eyes, there’s always next week.

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Read through it again then at 3/4 have stated penalty is a red card 

Are you going to admit that this is simply made up rubbish that everyone can readily identify as such, or would you rather leave it there to be laughed at?

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Are you going to admit that this is simply made up rubbish that everyone can readily identify as such, or would you rather leave it there to be laughed at?

Read posts again , statements are 

if he gives a penalty it must be a red card

if he gives a penalty red card must follow 

Its referees decision if he thinks it’s accidental or deliberate , and no matter what any one thinks on here ( including me ) the referee must have seen  it as accidental and does not issue red card , end of 

People commenting on decisions based on what they think the rule should be rather than what it actually is has got to be the second most infuriating thing about football.  I blame the numerous pundits who make a living from doing exactly this.

Of course the most infuriating thing about football is watching Queens defend set pieces.  I wish I knew who to blame for that one. 

21 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It was the guys who were standing outside the ground at the fence. Would have been funny if it was someone inside the stadium 😄

I just assumed it was Aaron Muirhead.

Does anyone remember the penalty that preceeded the pitch invader who has even made it into the opening sequence of a view from the terrace? Down in Dumfries two seasons ago?

Rose tripped Dobbie (at least I think it was Dobbie) and should have been off. I recall the discussion afterwards being focused on the pitch invader being hung drawn and quartered. That's maybe because Queens scored 5 and won comfortably.

However its another example where the same rule is at play and the same result a penalty and no sending off. Two different refs as well. Thats at least interesting if nothing else. 🤷‍♂️

35 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

If you read a number of post from a number of fans they ALL state conceding a penalty is an automatic red card , my point is proving that it’s not , it depends what the offence is , and I have not aired my view previously, but do I think it was a red card ? Yes I do as I thought it was intentional 

Not a single person has posted that any penalty is an automatic red card. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

As someone who posted saying if the referee deems it to be a penalty that it’s a red card...

I’m most definitely aware that it is a red card because he deliberately holds back the player who has a clear goal scoring opportunity and this is what makes it a red card. 

22 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Read posts again , statements are 

if he gives a penalty it must be a red card

if he gives a penalty red card must follow 

Its referees decision if he thinks it’s accidental or deliberate , and no matter what any one thinks on here ( including me ) the referee must have seen  it as accidental and does not issue red card , end of 

Those statements are in relation to this particular incident. 

If it's deemed a foul, nobody could possibly claim it involved an attempt to play the ball, or that it didn't involve a clear opportunity.

Nobody, but nobody has insisted that a red card must always accompany a penalty award.  That's because nobody, but nobody is unaware that that isn't the case.

32 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Ok champ.

I’m not “scrabbling” around. (Wtf does that even mean?)

I hardly quoted the rules, I just said the rules were changed so it’s not always a sending off.

The ref has either decide it wasn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity, the defender made an attempt to get the ball or the foul was accidental. Given his previous against us I’d be surprised if Steven Mclean did us any favours at all. 

Dry your eyes, there’s always next week.

Scrabbling around, in this context, means grabbing wildly at anything to deflect from the fact that you're horribly wrong.

You didnt just say the rules had change, though, did you? You jumped in proclaiming "NONSENSE", telling us all that the rules had changed.

When it was pointed out to you that this didnt apply and it could still be a sending off but maybe wasnt because Buchanan maybe wasnt getting the ball you flipped to agree.

Then you're justification jumps to whether or not it was a deliberate foul or accidental.

Next comes the classic tactic of playing the man rather than the ball and we finish with everyones favourite, the "just get over it". 

I dont know if anyone is writing a book on scrambling round on a forum but if they are you are the source material

20 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Scrabbling around, in this context, means grabbing wildly at anything to deflect from the fact that you're horribly wrong.

You didnt just say the rules had change, though, did you? You jumped in proclaiming "NONSENSE", telling us all that the rules had changed.

When it was pointed out to you that this didnt apply and it could still be a sending off but maybe wasnt because Buchanan maybe wasnt getting the ball you flipped to agree.

Then you're justification jumps to whether or not it was a deliberate foul or accidental.

Next comes the classic tactic of playing the man rather than the ball and we finish with everyones favourite, the "just get over it". 

I dont know if anyone is writing a book on scrambling round on a forum but if they are you are the source material

Coming from the guy who thinks it was “ridiculous” for the ref to give  Maxwell a second booking and sent off for his blatant cheating.

You we’re talking nonsense when you said it had to be a red card. We could go over and over this for the next month and still we would come to different opinions.

2 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Coming from the guy who thinks it was “ridiculous” for the ref to give  Maxwell a second booking and sent off for his blatant cheating.

You we’re talking nonsense when you said it had to be a red card. We could go over and over this for the next month and still we would come to different opinions.

*were

Ah, deflection. The title of Chapter 4

I wasnt talking nonsense. The rules are pretty clear that it should have been a red card. Opinions mean nothing