Ayr United v Queen of the South - multi club forum match thread

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I would think it would be excluding season tickets ( over 700 of them ) I know not all would take up stream but think 500 would be on the low side if it did include them 

Would make more sense. We had more than that stream both our League Cup ties and that was with everyone paying. And you have more season ticket holders than us. I am sure the commentator said 500 viewers though. Did I mishear him? My son was yapping at the time so I may have.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:
You can appeal a yellow for simulation. I rewound the feed a few times to watch it back, if we don't have another camera angle then I don't there will be anything conclusive enough to overturn it.

I wonder if our camera guy was there? If so I expect he'll have a good angle and hopefully bail Maxwell out. Dobbie not running up to McLean makes me think it was the right call.

Sorry, no away games for me, probably until fans are allowed back in.

During the first half I noticed a camera up in the main stand where our fans sit (wuffster?) . I'm hoping he didn't change ends at half time - he'd have had a great view of it. 

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Would make more sense. We had more than that stream both our League Cup ties and that was with everyone paying. And you have more season ticket holders than us. I am sure the commentator said 500 viewers though. Did I mishear him? My son was yapping at the time so I may have.

I am sure we had 600 for the Annan game and they were all PPV 

45 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Had issues all game with the stream jumping and freezing. First 20 mins borderline unwatchable. Middle bit was ok though still happening. Last 10 mins got worse again culminating in the total freeze at the end. I presume that will be my own broadband or equipment rather than the broadcast but not sure I would pay £12.50 for it again. Such is the problem with streaming. No matter how good the clubs do it, they are constrained by the technical know how and hardware / software standards of their potential market. 500 surely a disappointing number for Ayr today? Or was it 500 + season ticket holders? 

For the stream, can you give details on how you were watching (e.g. browser, device, casting?). There is no reason why any club cannot provide a decent stream - while things like the skill of the camera operators (and number of cameras) are  very important and hard do well, it should be feasible for everyone to get a stream that does not buffer or freeze.

It would be interesting to know how many of our season ticket holders live at the same address - e.g. if we sold 500 tickets do we only have 300 unique households?

24 minutes ago, rgreig said:

For the stream, can you give details on how you were watching (e.g. browser, device, casting?). There is no reason why any club cannot provide a decent stream - while things like the skill of the camera operators (and number of cameras) are  very important and hard do well, it should be feasible for everyone to get a stream that does not buffer or freeze.

It would be interesting to know how many of our season ticket holders live at the same address - e.g. if we sold 500 tickets do we only have 300 unique households?

If you could mail your issues to support@ayrunitedmedia.co.uk it would be beneficial for them to investigate and rectify for further streams , they got lots of feedback from Tuesday and completed  a number of fixes which a number of people have commented on saying they had next to no issues today after have big issues on Tuesday 

Edited by Robbo63

Great 3 points - sticky game that got harder as it went on.

Keeper played a blinder today - pouncing about like a cat chasing flies.

Somerset looks like it is just aching for fans to get in [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

Aye but when you see the state of the pond life who were standing at the fence maybe it's not a bad thing they aren't allowed in...

I'm gonna whisper it, but I think we might have found ourselves an even better goalie than Doohan

Was far more impressed with him today than anything I ever saw from Doohan. Not to say Doohan was rubbish just that we either beat you comfortably last season or you beat us with him having nothing to do.

He definitely kept the 3 points at Somerset tonight with that save from Goss at the end. It looked a bit theatrical but it was an excellent save regardless.

Desperately needing a big forward to hold it up if that’s how we intend to play . Perhaps with the two wingers back we could play it around a lot more . Anyway three points is what it’s all about I suppose . 

1 hour ago, rgreig said:

43 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

If you could mail your issues to support@ayrunitedmedia.co.uk it would be beneficial for them to investigate and rectify for further streams , they got lots of feedback from Tuesday and completed  a number of fixes which a number of people have commented on saying they had next to no issues today after have big issues on Tuesday 

I'm pretty confident the problems I had are probably due to my internet or my equipment and I have zero intention of irritating support with it but it was on a desktop pc using Windows 10 and Frefox browser.

1 hour ago, MOTD Wannabee said:

During the first half I noticed a camera up in the main stand where our fans sit (wuffster?) . I'm hoping he didn't change ends at half time - he'd have had a great view of it. 

I changed ends. Good view of corners in 1st half but poor view of penalty incident in 2nd. That's the gamble!

Thought after we went 2-0 up we’d go on and score a few more, rather than hanging on at the end! McCowan was angry most of the game and I could sense a red card wouldn’t be far away. As for the Maxwell sending off, I think he fell over his feet. Anderson was a bit of a disappointment and why could Moff’s great run not have resulted in his 100th goal 😑

As an aside I thought Gibson looked in great nick. Having witnessed him when he was  at Stranraer, he looked a bit podgy so he’s shifted some timber. Wish I could do the same!

As an aside I thought Gibson looked in great nick. Having witnessed him when he was  at Stranraer, he looked a bit podgy so he’s shifted some timber. Wish I could do the same!

Still early days but he hasn't been remotely close to being one of our weaker performers so far, probably closer to the opposite end in fact. His fitness levels are very impressive. The commentators in our last game said he came second in the bleep test in pre-season. Impressive for an old duffer :)

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He wasnt there. Away team is not allowed to send their own cameraman under current restructions.

I'm not sure if that is the general consensus, SD. Alloa's guy was at Morton today and the Morton film crew have told me that they're going to Dundee next Saturday. Maybe there will be requests for access to our place in the coming weeks. 

22 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Why would their keeper have been sent off? Did I miss something?

No, just speculating about a circumstance which may arise when it might be better for Ayr's second camera to be at the end they're defending. Understandably, they are up the other end to get their goals in all their glory.