Ayr United v Queen of the South - multi club forum match thread

2 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Anyone else have problems with streaming the match today ?  Noticed some seem to say it was good.  In my case it was poor and it kept reloading.  We generally have good  internet service here so don't think the problem was at this end. 

I'm at the old dear's house in deepest Argyll with standard BT broadband compared to my own supa doopah Virgin cable on Tuesday which was poor. I've no idea what makes a good streaming experience. This time I logged in at 2pm but then had to come out and back in again to get the thing going at 1455. Only one camera freeze at the start then it was fine.

I'm at the old dear's house in deepest Argyll with standard BT broadband compared to my own supa doopah Virgin cable on Tuesday which was poor. I've no idea what makes a good streaming experience. This time I logged in at 2pm but then had to come out and back in again to get the thing going at 1455. Only one camera freeze at the start then it was fine.
It only went live around 14:55.

Stream was significantly better than Tuesday as someone else suggested I think they pulled back the image quality a bit for a more consistent stream.

Only niggles for me -

If the clock doesn't work just kill it. Its worse than useless when its wrong.

Option for no commentary or stadium sound if possible (ie. Hearing the manager and players shouting)

Other than that I think its pretty good. 

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
7 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

It only went live around 14:55.

I know, but mine didn't start automatically when other people were saying it had started.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Stream was significantly better than Tuesday as someone else suggested I think they pulled back the image quality a bit for a more consistent stream.

Only niggles for me -

Option for no commentary or stadium sound if possible (ie. Hearing the manager and players shouting)

Did they not sort the clock out at HT and after that it was fine?

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Only niggles for me -

It was very poor trying to cast on Chromecast (froze every few seconds) but fine when watching on a laptop on a browser. Definitely appeared to be a lower framerate - not sure why they would need to do that though given the resolution is not 4K. I'd be interested to hear if anyone was able to get it to cast to chromecast well.

I think the commentary is the best of the matches I have watched (i.e. all the Ayr games so far) but the quality of the stream (resolution/framerate) the worst by some distance. Albion was frustrating because the camera didn't track the ball but the video stream was decent. Hamilton had a very good set up technically (and benefited from the height of the cameras which gave an excellent perspective).

As for the game, if the sign of a good team is that it can still win while playing poorly, then Ayr is a truly great team.

No problems at all with the stream using my laptop with chrome browser and connecting to TV via HDMI. Enjoyed the commentary and thought the half time stuff was also very good.

No doubt for me that Queens were the better side today and we were very lucky. We were second best for most of it apart from maybe the last 10 mins of the first half. Queens look as if they've made some decent acquisitions and should have a good season.

As for ourselves, Chalmers looks pretty classy, Reading looks good, Miller another very good addition and the Keeper looks top notch, however that being said we were getting over run in midfield and Murdoch playing further forward just didn't seem to work. Moffat played ok and McCowan was good in flashes but we left Anderson isolated and just couldn't get any controlled possession which maybe says more about how well Queens played ?

What I would say is that we were missing Walsh today who's probably our key signing of the summer and Zanatta also missing with Houston again missing out, so all in all it wasn't a bad day as we ended up taking the three points and hopefully we'll have better days, although I think we'll still need to get another couple in before I'd feel relaxed with our squad.

I didn't have any problems apart from the little freeze at the start - it was fine after that. I like the commentary and the half-time interview has been very good.  

Given that we're very unlikely (sadly!) to have fans back in the ground for the forseeable, I wonder if it's possible for the camera position to be more elevated now and perhaps positioned in the main stand itself (directors' box?). Just a thought - no complaints from me.   

Streaming was almost good today, they should be able to produce a reliable stream and it be a better quality picture than that was.  Also last 10 minutes I had to reload 3 times due to stream dying.

It was an improvement on Tuesday but it's not right yet. 

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If only Queens had offered a couple of two year deals they’d maybe be able to defend set pieces 

FEE9036E-3C23-4B48-A1E4-A970144F5667.gif

🤣

We definitely got away with that today. Pretty shite apart from the goalie and Moffat. Shortened season though so results are everything.

58 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:
You can appeal a yellow for simulation. I rewound the feed a few times to watch it back, if we don't have another camera angle then I don't there will be anything conclusive enough to overturn it.

I wonder if our camera guy was there? If so I expect he'll have a good angle and hopefully bail Maxwell out. Dobbie not running up to McLean makes me think it was the right call.

He wasnt there. Away team is not allowed to send their own cameraman under current restructions. Our photographer was though and he MAY have set up the GoPros in goalmouths. Not sure.

I've watched the Maxwell incident several times. On our camera angle it looks an absolute stonewall penalty. But like you I am wary of player reaction. After the initial penalty appeals nobody seemed massively shocked it wasnt given or especially incredulous he was getting booked. Even Maxwell. Although neither were there Ayr players crowding round indicating a dive. Hopefully there is another angle.

Thought we played well. Happy with how we played generally but two cheap soft goals and we lose anyway. And we dont have anyone to play left back next week. Wullie may have to fill in again. And manage! 

Presume we were unlucky not to get a draw with last kick? I wouldnt know other than the (very decent) commentary. My picture froze for the last 2 mins and didnt come back till they were walking off the pitch. 

Had issues all game with the stream jumping and freezing. First 20 mins borderline unwatchable. Middle bit was ok though still happening. Last 10 mins got worse again culminating in the total freeze at the end. I presume that will be my own broadband or equipment rather than the broadcast but not sure I would pay £12.50 for it again. Such is the problem with streaming. No matter how good the clubs do it, they are constrained by the technical know how and hardware / software standards of their potential market. 500 surely a disappointing number for Ayr today? Or was it 500 + season ticket holders? 

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He wasnt there. Away team is not allowed to send their own cameraman under current restructions. Our photographer was though and he MAY have set up the GoPros in goalmouths. Not sure.

I've watched the Maxwell incident several times. On our camera angle it looks an absolute stonewall penalty. But like you I am wary of player reaction. After the initial penalty appeals nobody seemed massively shocked it wasnt given or especially incredulous he was getting booked. Even Maxwell. Although neither were there Ayr players crowding round indicating a dive. Hopefully there is another angle.

Thought we played well. Happy with how we played generally but two cheap soft goals and we lose anyway. And we dont have anyone to play left back next week. Wullie may have to fill in again. And manage! 

Presume we were unlucky not to get a draw with last kick? I wouldnt know other than the (very decent) commentary. My picture froze for the last 2 mins and didnt come back till they were walking off the pitch. 

Had issues all game with the stream jumping and freezing. First 20 mins borderline unwatchable. Middle bit was ok though still happening. Last 10 mins got worse again culminating in the total freeze at the end. I presume that will be my own broadband or equipment rather than the broadcast but not sure I would pay £12.50 for it again. Such is the problem with streaming. No matter how good the clubs do it, they are constrained by the technical know how and hardware / software standards of their potential market. 500 surely a disappointing number for Ayr today? Or was it 500 + season ticket holders? 

I would think it would be excluding season tickets ( over 700 of them ) I know not all would take up stream but think 500 would be on the low side if it did include them 

Just now, eez-eh said:

My stream cut off before the end of the game. I was a few minutes behind so I don’t know if it would have been when the stream was shut down after the game when mine just stopped.

Don’t like the way it just cuts off seconds after final whistle