Ayr United v Queen of the South - multi club forum match thread

So angry about the sending off. But if we had defended better we would have won the game anyway.

Lots of positives but need to start get results out of them.

Big picture I’m not sure if this suggests Queens will do better in the league than expected or Ayr will do worse, but the fact is we were the better team even with ten men.

I think I’ll just buy the streams in future to help the club but not watch them. Sick to death of the same old shite. Having to score 3 goals in nearly every game in order to win is ridiculous. 

A good 3 points but not much else to say.   Anderson was way too isolated and midfield fell right out it.  I’m actually coming round to the argument of sticking Muirhead in midfield as we need more of a physical presence and I don’t think we can afford to leave Houston on the bench.  

Other than Gibson getting done by Muirhead. I enjoyed that. 

That was pleasing. Moff’s run on goal would have been a great 100th goal as well, but struggling to pick up the positives.

I actually thought we looked better when we kept the ball on the ground but didn’t do it anywhere near enough.

Slightly concerning with the amount of knocks our players seem to be picking up, and then absolute petulant stupidity from McCowan. At least two yellows won’t be as long a ban as a straight red.

Positives

- We matched/were arguably better than a side touted for Top 4
- At 11 vs 11 the only chance our GK faced from open play was a tame shot in the first half
- We passed it around well and created plenty of chances, keep at it and the goals will come
- We looked dangerous today without one of our most threatening players
- Overall we didn't look like the cannon fodder side everyone expects us to be

Negatives

- We can't defend crosses and yet again it has severely cost us any chance of a result.

I'm struggling to find any other negative points today. Why oh why are we not intensely focussing on defending crosses in training? This is what will relegate us.

The penalty decision was massive. Either McLean has helped seal our fate with an awful decision or Maxwell has let his side down. I'll need to see it again. If we scored the penalty we'd have got at least a point today. Can we at least appeal it if it's wrong decision? Maxwell has been excellent for us.

The coverage was good for the most part. It froze on me for a bit and I had to log out. It kind of juddered along for large parts but I'd pay for it again. The commentator got pretty overexcited over nothing but the lassie was excellent.

Anyone else have problems with streaming the match today ?  Noticed some seem to say it was good.  In my case it was poor and it kept reloading.  We generally have good  internet service here so don't think the problem was at this end. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Positives

- We matched/were arguably better than a side touted for Top 4
- At 11 vs 11 the only chance our GK faced from open play was a tame shot in the first half
- We passed it around well and created plenty of chances, keep at it and the goals will come
- We looked dangerous today without one of our most threatening players
- Overall we didn't look like the cannon fodder side everyone expects us to be

Negatives

- We can't defend crosses and yet again it has severely cost us any chance of a result.

I'm struggling to find any other negative points today. Why oh why are we not intensely focussing on defending crosses in training? This is what will relegate us.

The penalty decision was massive. Either McLean has helped seal our fate with an awful decision or Maxwell has let his side down. I'll need to see it again. If we scored the penalty we'd have got at least a point today. Can we at least appeal it if it's wrong decision? Maxwell has been excellent for us.

The coverage was good for the most part. It froze on me for a bit and I had to log out. It kind of juddered along for large parts but I'd pay for it again. The commentator got pretty overexcited over nothing but the lassie was excellent.

You can appeal a yellow for simulation. I rewound the feed a few times to watch it back, if we don't have another camera angle then I don't think there will be anything conclusive enough to overturn it.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

You can appeal a yellow for simulation. I respond rewound the feed a few times to watch it back, if we don't have another camera angle then I don't there will be anything conclusive enough to overturn it.

I expect you'll get a multi camera view in our highlights which are not taken from the stream but done separately.

You can appeal a yellow for simulation. I rewound the feed a few times to watch it back, if we don't have another camera angle then I don't there will be anything conclusive enough to overturn it.
I wonder if our camera guy was there? If so I expect he'll have a good angle and hopefully bail Maxwell out. Dobbie not running up to McLean makes me think it was the right call.