Ayr United v Queen of the South - multi club forum match thread

5 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

When entering into link for game all letters revert to uppercase , it’s fine the code will still work 

Do you know if the E-mails are still going out as don't think I've received one through yet.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Management and all the players were removed from that squad, was a B team we played made up of players from the Czech top flight who weren't on international duty. 

There doesn't seem to be any consistency though as the Israel and Scotland players who were in contact with the two Celtic players who tested positive didn't need to isolate and the Portugal squad who were sitting / playing with Ronaldo appeared in a match a few days later ??

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

I thought that. The statement reads as though its just the coaching staff that are isolating not the players. In which case theres no reason for the game to be off.

Our entire first team squad had to isolate but that didn't apply to the management team because they hadn't been deemed to be close contacts.

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

There doesn't seem to be any consistency though as the Israel and Scotland players who were in contact with the two Celtic players who tested positive didn't need to isolate and the Portugal squad who were sitting / playing with Ronaldo appeared in a match a few days later ??

Every country has different rules mate

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Management and all the players were removed from that squad, was a B team we played made up of players from the Czech top flight who weren't on international duty. 

For the game on Wednesday there. Their manager tested positive so didn't travel and the assistant took charge.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Every country has different rules mate

I thought it was a FIFA / UEFA standard rather than just the rules of the individual nations or Governments ?

Not surprising it's a complete shambles then.

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I thought it was a FIFA / UEFA standard rather than just the rules of the individual nations or Governments ?

Not surprising it's a complete shambles then.

FIFA/UEFA can't overrule a government. 

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

No, I don't think they are. Presumably they've just gone through the NHS process. 

Possibly, but the “following our most recent round of testing” line implies that it’s a regular occurrence for them to get tested.

Fair play if Queens are testing despite not needing to, just a bit surprised if that’s the case.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Possibly, but the “following our most recent round of testing” line implies that it’s a regular occurrence for them to get tested.

Fair play if Queens are testing despite not needing to, just a bit surprised if that’s the case.

I'm in such a Friday afternoon daze that I hadn't registered that line of the statement. I thought the rules were that we had to test prior to playing a premiership club, so would have been tested before we played St Mirren last weekend, but not this week. I too am surprised then that we appear to be continuing it. I'm sure SD will be along to clarify all of the rules at some point this afternoon for us!

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

We are testing weekly.

The manager of Queen of the South will miss the opening league match of the season on Saturday after a member of his backroom team tested positive for coronavirus.

Allan Johnson and his entire coaching staff have been ordered to self-isolates, in line with Scottish Government guideline, and will spend the opening of the Scottish Championship campaign at home. 

Senior players Stephen Dobbie and Willie Gibson are in temporary charge while bosses are away. The match against Ayr United is still expected to take place.