Ayr United v Queen of the South - multi club forum match thread

I can’t wait for this game. The league cup is good but nothing better than having the Super back in league action. 

Think I tipped QOS to finish 9th in my predictions and I stick by that however there league cup results have been decent so far so they may not be the cannon folder that I expected. That being said we still have a considerably better squad than them and really should be winning.

I’ll hold of predicting our starting 11 till Friday as I’m still hoping we add a couple before deadline day. 

38 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Not sure this needs a thread or if Skyline Driftayr wants to keep it in the Ayr thread but might as well get this started. 

I'll surprise you, I think we will win. 

Uh huh, not mentioned the game on your thread. Nor am I interested in it at this stage. Worry about Ayr once Thistle are out of the way.

That's 3 games of 90mins undefeated now for the new look squad. A young Queens team did well tonight against a very strong league 1 Partick team. Hopefully the Queens team will be back to full strength on Saturday with the addition of Mckee, Pybus, Dobbie & East starting & can get the league campaign off to a winning start. I wouldn't be to disappointed if the team came away with another draw tho... 

Thought with the signings and lack of them at Queens you'd struggle this season and a few weeks ago i'd of said we'd pump you this weekend. 

However you've had an impressive betfred cup run and we're already down to about a 14 man squad before the season even starts due to injuries, Zanatta, Reading, Anderson and i think also Miller will be back which will give us a big boost. 3 signings also expected soon too but not sure if before the weekend. 

Can see this finishing a draw but think Anderson might make the difference and hopefully allow us to knick a 2-1 win. 

*on PPV - AU Media will be livestreaming the match with our manned cameras instead of pixellot, i'd expect price of £15 probably. Tonight's home game against Annan was very first time the system was used and it appears to have been a mixed bag, Couldn't watch personally but by all accounts the experience varied between devices and most common issues were lags and crashes at beginning. For Queens fans i'd maybe hang off until club hopefully give indication of the causes of issues and if they can be rectified before Saturday.

Edited by rb123!

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, that result for Queens last night has certainly got us worried. Drawing with lower league opposition who were down to 10 men for 54 minutes of the game. 

Well you were good enough to let Annan sully your pitch last night so presumably it'll be ok if you let another wee diddy Dumfries & Galloway side come see the wonderful Ayr at work? Can't see anything other than a heavy Ayr win here, maybe double figures.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well you were good enough to let Annan sully your pitch last night so presumably it'll be ok if you let another wee diddy Dumfries & Galloway side come see the wonderful Ayr at work? Can't see anything other than a heavy Ayr win here, maybe double figures.

At last, a realist QOS fan on this thread.

Would expect at least 4 changes from the Queens side that played Partick last night, Inc the return of Dobbie, Pybus, Mckee & East possibly 50/50 who plays RB - WG or NN. Queens to start the league campaign with a 2-1 win. 

31 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Really depend on the status of Walsh and Zanatta and whether any new players come in before Saturday. Anderson and Reading coming back will be a boost though.

2-0 Ayr

From MK interview after the game it sounds like Walsh will be out but Zanatta will be fine. Also sounds like we will have a few in. 

Thought with the signings and lack of them at Queens you'd struggle this season and a few weeks ago i'd of said we'd pump you this weekend. 

However you've had an impressive betfred cup run and we're already down to about a 14 man squad before the season even starts due to injuries, Zanatta, Reading, Anderson and i think also Miller will be back which will give us a big boost. 3 signings also expected soon too but not sure if before the weekend. 

Can see this finishing a draw but think Anderson might make the difference and hopefully allow us to knick a 2-1 win. 

*on PPV - AU Media will be livestreaming the match with our manned cameras instead of pixellot, i'd expect price of £15 probably. Tonight's home game against Annan was very first time the system was used and it appears to have been a mixed bag, Couldn't watch personally but by all accounts the experience varied between devices and most common issues were lags and crashes at beginning. For Queens fans i'd maybe hang off until club hopefully give indication of the causes of issues and if they can be rectified before Saturday.

While I think most QOS fans have been happy that we’ve been competitive thus far I’m not sure draws with Morton, St Mirren and Thistle while being effectively eliminated from the Betfred Cup with a group game still to play counts as an impressive run TBH.

Thanks for the heads up re PPV. £15 seems expensive to me. I’ll no doubt be daft enough still to take up the offer though. 🤡

Bruce Anderson is an excellent loan signing at this level. Can see him and Moffat being a potent partnership.

Needing a pen to beat league 2 Annan not much better eh.

Aye, that result for Queens last night has certainly got us worried. Drawing with lower league opposition who were down to 10 men for 54 minutes of the game.