WoS - What's the Story

Gartcairn are less than impressed by the WoS statement.

Personally, despite my desire for the return of football.

The harsh reality is that players safety must come first and given that things are getting worse not better - all football which isn't F/T needs to stop.

9 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Gartcairn are less than impressed by the WoS statement.

Personally, despite my desire for the return of football.

The harsh reality is that players safety must come first and given that things are getting worse not better - all football which isn't F/T needs to stop.

Correct and it shouldn't have started without fans in any case.   It shouldn't have started without access to changing rooms and shower facilities either.

Football without fans is dreadful and instead of buzzing on Saturday at first game of season I was flat as its just not right to start without our support.

I voted for it not too start but unfortunately the majority Of clubs wanted to crack on with the 10th October start. With cases rising will this be reviewed, who knows, but football without supporters is soulless.

We've already seen incidences of entire squads being asked to isolate, I'm sure the boys employers will love that never mind those that are self employed.

Edited by Tynierose

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Correct and it shouldn't have started without fans in any case.   It shouldn't have started without access to changing rooms and shower facilities either.

Football without fans is dreadful and instead of buzzing on Saturday at first game of season I was flat as its just not right to start without our support.

I voted for it not too start but unfortunately the majority Of clubs wanted to crack on with the 10th October start. With cases rising will this be reviewed, who knows, but football without supporters is soulless.

We've already seen incidences of entire squads being asked to isolate, I'm sure the boys employers will love that never mind those that are self employed.

Twice they've asked full squads to isolate in the forth valley and twice both have had it overturned. Dunipace and shire.

If everyone live streamed clubs could generate funds for clubs.

Is it right? No? It would be better with fans in the ground.

Wos has been a balls up and would be aswell scrapping their season just now

Twice they've asked full squads to isolate in the forth valley and twice both have had it overturned. Dunipace and shire.
If everyone live streamed clubs could generate funds for clubs.
Is it right? No? It would be better with fans in the ground.
Wos has been a balls up and would be aswell scrapping their season just now
Sadly the majority won't pay and the ones who do won't do so in sufficient numbers to make it a viable long-term.

You highlight one of the main issue of players being asked to self isolate and putting their livelihoods at danger not to mention their health.

What happens if the league is stopped - at what stage do you declare a winner?

26 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Sadly the majority won't pay and the ones who do won't do so in sufficient numbers to make it a viable long-term.

You highlight one of the main issue of players being asked to self isolate and putting their livelihoods at danger not to mention their health.

When camelon are top of the league

18 hours ago, gaz5 said:

Sorry Gordon, but no. It's quite acceptable to call it out for what it is.

Your assumption for the reason it happened is incorrect, but I won't go into it other than to say they 100% made an arse of it and are well aware of that.

There was zero new information and zero changes to the case between 40+ people being told they must isolate for 14 days on Saturday and an email this morning saying no people must isolate at all despite 4 players (who were no closer than anyone else) being contacted by the app and told to isolate already.

You can give the benefit of the doubt if you want, having no information and no understanding of the case, but having all of the info and having been involved in it I'm quite comfortable in saying test and trace handling of the case has been a shambles.

You can talk about one case, but you can't talk about the whole system. It's not a shambles. Too many people are seeing what they want to see, without nearly enough information or experience.

And even in your case, how do you know what contacts they were checking with other people? You wouldn't be told that.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Has anyone said if players are getting paid or not? It seems like the key bit of information to me. If they're getting paid then playing on seems a huge gamble with the future of clubs. If not then I have to assume it's financially sustainable.

Fans are in the dark.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

You can talk about one case, but you can't talk about the whole system. It's not a shambles. Too many people are seeing what they want to see, without nearly enough information or experience.

And even in your case, how do you know what contacts they were checking with other people? You wouldn't be told that.

Two cases shire aswell. Just face it the scottish government are making an arse of it and the whole thing is a shambles from top to bottom. Time the monster raving looney party got in

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Two cases shire aswell. Just face it the scottish government are making an arse of it and the whole thing is a shambles from top to bottom. Time the monster raving looney party got in

Nope. What I see is a major lack of perspective from the Scottish football world.

I'm only talking about one case. Where have I mentioned any other?

That case was a shambles. I'm allowed to say that as it's a fact.

No idea why you're arguing about it.

And yes we were told, both why they were isolating initially (nothing to do with other contacts) and why they decided not to (nothing to do with other contacts).

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

Has anyone said if players are getting paid or not? It seems like the key bit of information to me. If they're getting paid then playing on seems a huge gamble with the future of clubs. If not then I have to assume it's financially sustainable.

Fans are in the dark.

Why would players play if they weren’t getting paid?

3 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Why would players play if they weren’t getting paid?

Same reason amateur players play. Because they like it.

If clubs are committing to a season of paying players and not having any matchday income or pitchside advertising, that's something that gravely worries me. 

41 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I'm only talking about one case. Where have I mentioned any other?

That case was a shambles. I'm allowed to say that as it's a fact.

No idea why you're arguing about it.

And yes we were told, both why they were isolating initially (nothing to do with other contacts) and why they decided not to (nothing to do with other contacts).

Fine, if you only meant that case then fair enough👍

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Same reason amateur players play. Because they like it.

If clubs are committing to a season of paying players and not having any matchday income or pitchside advertising, that's something that gravely worries me. 

Clubs will still have sponsors. Its tax deductible for them.

What I want to know is what is your role on this defensiveness of the scottish government. Are you Frank that gets the door for nicola or what

9 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

What has that got to do with anything?

Paying £1,000 for advertising no-one will see is a dumb idea, even if it only costs £800 after tax.

Some sponsors still seem to be doing it though. Since you can see plenty of them being promoted across clubs social media and websites.

17 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

You go on about the health of players as though you are completely unaware that they can choose whether or not to play football or to do any other activity.

They can choose to play or not under the current circumstances. It is not for you or  I to tell them that they must not even if it is out of a deep genuine concern for their well-being, as I am sure it must be.

18 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I hope that no-one gets the disease but, if they do, and if they are a young person who is fit then the stats show that they still carry a risk of being badly affected by the disease. However, the stats say that the risk is much less great than for older people and the players understand that. They're usually highly aware of what's going on via social media etc. They are not fools.

Your point about employers not being happy to lose workers for a period of illness is fair, obviously. The self-employed are even more vulnerable. The only consolation, if there is one, is that the age group which plays outdoor adult football in winter is, as mentioned above, aware of the risks. Having said that once they've had the disease it does appear that they are not likely to catch it again - although they could still spread it.

It's about risk assessment and everyone has to figure out their own situation as best possible.