Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Ludo*1

If piracy disappeared overnight, it wouldn't massively increase the sales of big-budget games. Most people who play pirate games and don't buy would have no interest in, or would lack the finances for, buying full-price games.

One thing that absolutely, positively, definitely wouldn't happen would be a reduction in prices, despite how often that's been mentioned over the decades.

57 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

The entire Nintendo IP is shite.

^^^ absolutely begging for @Mr X to whip out the banhammer!

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

GTA Vice City was far better than GTA V: San Andreas. 

I thought that was the majority opinion?

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

GTA Vice City was far better than GTA V: San Andreas. 

24 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I thought that was the majority opinion?

I preferred Vice City because I'm not a massive fan of either gangster rap or gangster culture. But I can see that SA is the technically superior game.

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Can you still get pirate copies? 

Yes, but much harder to do now than it was even ten years ago. Another reason why console manufacturers are trying to move more over to digital distribution only.

33 minutes ago, red23 said:

Wolfenstein 2 : the new colossus was so cringeworthy i could barely play it. Hated it.

Sounds like you'd have loved the one with the teenage girls.

57 minutes ago, red23 said:

Wolfenstein 2 : the new colossus was so cringeworthy i could barely play it.

I saw it through to the end and hated it.

I didnt like it either, and I really loved the new order and new blood. Dunno what it was, but it just felt off, the gameplay was nowhere near as good. I didn't finish it.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Yes, but much harder to do now than it was even ten years ago. Another reason why console manufacturers are trying to move more over to digital distribution only.

Genuinely surprised at this. Are we talking xBox / PlayStation here? 

4 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Ultimate Team is the worst thing Fifa has ever done. 

New consoles look shite. 

Ultimate team in it's first incantation (when it came out as DLC) was a brilliant, potentially revolutionary concept that gave a whole new layer to FIFA.

Then it became a filthy loot-box cash grab that WAS revolutionary to the gaming industry but not in a good way.

Ultimate team in it's first incantation (when it came out as DLC) was a brilliant, potentially revolutionary concept that gave a whole new layer to FIFA.
Then it became a filthy loot-box cash grab that WAS revolutionary to the gaming industry but not in a good way.
What was it like initially?

Just now, accies1874 said:
28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

What was it like initially?

A lot fairer and less exploitative, not everyone at the start was settling on a top class team, more a team they actually wanted. There was an option to buy packs but there were no flash sales, no constant new coloured cards to upgrade, etc as EA hadn't actually cottoned on to aggressively market them at that point.

The fact it was both untested and DLC that cost a tenner sort of meant that there wasn't a massive player base to generate a market for the top, top player cards so it was very basic and simple but a lot of fun.

Also the market was a very good place to trade, was great fun buying cards low and selling high to build the team you wanted.

Was immensely disappointed when it became an in-game feature for 2010 as the writing was on the wall at that point. They were giving you a full mode for 'free' that they charged a tenner for 6 months earlier, so they had to make that money back somewhere.