Fun Historic Fact for the Day

10 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

He need only drive past and look for the residence with the old pram parts scattered about outside.

Give the state of the pavement around the bins outside that wouldn't be surprising to see.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I’m assuming you’re still aff the Hulltoon.

Anyway, here’s one for your birthday (Same as my missus lol) to cheer you up.

5236DD06-1ABA-48A1-8699-8F47CE2B96D7.jpeg

I feel slightly disappointed by that.

My Modern Toss "Work" calendar gives me unusual facts. Since there's one today:

11th October: Trump/Kanye summit, 2018. Kanye is filmed unlocking his phone with the passcode 000000.

Great minds destined for each other.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 19:31, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Of course the correct and more interesting answer is:

9B096B3A-BB8B-439E-8B28-E86F0B16CB8F.thumb.jpeg.804c8a20d174101fa523ddbaae77b5a6.jpeg

An event I seem to remember watching on the telly with my old dear for some unknown reason.

I remember that too. I was at school and our maths teacher fancied himself as a bit of a nautical man so had set up a TV in the class to watch it. I expected to see some great galleon emerging from the deep but it was painstakingly slow and it barely moved through the 1 hour the maths lesson lasted.

1 hour ago, Northboy said:

I remember that too. I was at school and our maths teacher fancied himself as a bit of a nautical man so had set up a TV in the class to watch it. I expected to see some great galleon emerging from the deep but it was painstakingly slow and it barely moved through the 1 hour the maths lesson lasted.

A big massive hulking brute sitting on top of a flimsy steel frame.

And that was just the telly in the classroom.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
3 hours ago, Northboy said:

A big massive hulking brute sitting on top of a flimsy steel frame.

And that was just the telly in the classroom.

That was just the maths teacher.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Another for today.

ABD8DCAC-2499-42FD-BC1E-AC47D1CC1632.jpeg

"Clapton is hardly an outlier. David Bowie expresses admiration for fascism, while Rod Stewart’s remark that “immigrants should be sent home” later earns him a place in a regular feature of Temporary Hoarding known as “Pus Bag Corner”

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/film/2020/09/white-riot-irreverent-and-thrilling-rock-against-racism-doc

Good old Rod, darling of Celtic Park.

23 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Not sure Rod was ever in The Small Faces. Is the rest of the diary talking pish, too?

Technically he was but they released stuff under the name Quiet Melon. Then changed their name to The Faces.

Probably.