Pars vs ICT, 17th October

Pleasing victory. We really do like a second half. We didn't even play all that well, but had enough quality to create and take chances. We were pretty solid at the back too. Aside from the obvious exception, Inverness were really restricted to set pieces and a couple of shots from outside the box.

We can play much better as well, so that's encouraging.

Enjoyed Murray ending Todorov. A clear foul yet he got away with it and Todorov had to be subbed AND Murray equalised. What an absolute hero.

O'Hara still doesn't look up to it, so I wouldn't be unhappy to see the team that was on when he went off start next week.

Edited by DA Baracus

Inverness are a decent team. Their movement and passing is good, but lack that bit extra up front. I don’t even think we were at our best today, but we definitely deserved the win. In all honesty, it could have been more. I’d argue those chances McManus and Wilson had in the first half should be planted in the net.

We won anyway and that is the main thing. We usually struggle against ICT so it’s nice to get a win in this sort of match.

Only negative I would say is Kevin O’Hara. He is a good player, but I don’t think he is quite suited to our style of play. You could also see ICT clearly targeting the left with Thomas. Eventually we realised how much space they were leaving on the right to result in our second goal. The third is just an absolute screamer.

COYP.

26 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Hey @TheScarf, some amount of gloating you were doing on Hearts behalf last night.

Back in yer box cunto.

DAFC. Good guys.

Our defence is miles better than Dundee's. Unlucky. 

Can't complain about that. Possession wise there wasn't much in it but I think we caught  Dunfermline cold for the first and after that  they were far quicker to close us down. We were far too predictable from 30 yards out too, with McGregor always wanting to check back onto his right when he had any space down the left. Was surprised to see Brad McKay start ahead of Devine considering he hardly had a sniff last season. I'm not a big fan of Devine, but he'd surely have made more of an effort to get a foot in before McManus got free for the third.

Expecting Ayr next week to be another difficult game, but hopefully Kennedy coming in will make a difference to our attacking options. 

Agree with that there maybe wasn't much in it in terms of possession but when the few chances in front of goal did arrive they tended to fall the way of Dunfermline. Good save from Ridgers to deny O'Hara (I think) at the near post in the second half. Criminal defending for all three of the Pars goals from our PoV with Mckay looking very limp for the both the first and third with the entire defence looking suspect for the second. The third, whilst being a cracking strike by McManus, should never have been offered up as an opportunity had Mckay just dealt with the ball instead of dallying on it. So many problems the result of our own slack play.

Very little to get excited about in an attacking sense as well. As mentioned above MacGregor was ineffective on the left continually wanting to check back inside to get the ball onto his right foot and McHattie seldom got beyond him to offer a wide option. Duffy was a bit more aggressive down the right flank and but certainly not in a similar manner to what we have been used to with Rooney in the last. I think only Harper put in a decent cross after he came on with a lot of our attacking play focused through the middle of the pitch where I thought Wilson protected the defence well snuffing out any attacks that were building in the centre.

Trying to be positive, we did have a lot of attacking players out that would hopefully have made a difference today but we would still have had that defence out there so...

Pars TV worked fine for me although it did drop a couple of times but a quick refresh sorted that out. Commentary wasn't too bad either. Good job Dunfermline :)

Edited by RiG

We were absolutely finished when Todorov went off.  Keatings and Mackay might have some traits but playing as a front two isn't one of them - we looked absolutely toothless and were effectively playing a 4-6-0.  Keatings said in one episode of the Wyness Shuffle that he considers himself as a striker, but he came so deep you'd have never guessed he'd ever played that position.

I thought Deas, Duffy and Allardice looked tidy enough.  Really disappointed with what's happened at left back though - Tremarco was our captain and one of our most reliable players last season and the club banged on and on about how he was released to give Harper a chance.  Why are we going with Kevin McHattie?  When Harper did finally come on, he actually looked like he did actually have something to offer.

And then there's Brad Mckay.  I had a look on CTO after the game and I see the same usual dullards are giving it the happy clappy "He only made one mistake!" pish.  That may have been true but it's at least one major kerfuffle every other game.  I know the club's short of cash but surely we can find someone better than this?  When everyone is fit, we probably have enough across the midfield and up front to do alright, but they'd have to be on form every week in order for us to get anywhere.  We won't get anywhere by having a defence as accident prone as that.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

We were absolutely finished when Todorov went off.  Keatings and Mackay might have some traits but playing as a front two isn't one of them - we looked absolutely toothless and were effectively playing a 4-6-0.  Keatings said in one episode of the Wyness Shuffle that he considers himself as a striker, but he came so deep you'd have never guessed he'd ever played that position.

I thought Deas, Duffy and Allardice looked tidy enough.  Really disappointed with what's happened at left back though - Tremarco was our captain and one of our most reliable players last season and the club banged on and on about how he was released to give Harper a chance.  Why are we going with Kevin McHattie?  When Harper did finally come on, he actually looked like he did actually have something to offer.

And then there's Brad Mckay.  I had a look on CTO after the game and I see the same usual dullards are giving it the happy clappy "He only made one mistake!" pish.  That may have been true but it's at least one major kerfuffle every other game.  I know the club's short of cash but surely we can find someone better than this?  When everyone is fit, we probably have enough across the midfield and up front to do alright, but they'd have to be on form every week in order for us to get anywhere.  We won't get anywhere by having a defence as accident prone as that.

Im sure Danny Devine will sort everything out.

Idris Elba Reaction GIF

We looked far better once we changed the midfield. Lots of great options and player with different skills and talents. Turner poor today but good during the week. First time I’ve seen Wilson and thought he’s a good option to have, physical and decent on the ball. Probably the best midfield we’ve had for years. Defence looks good as well apart from the initial goal. 
Four games, four wins, nine goals and only one conceded. Only moan would be lack of anything decent from O’Hara. I don’t know what his game is but he looks off it. Poor touch and finishing atm.

Edited by D.A.F.C

It seemed to be the same story as our league cup games.   Poor start,  Thomas crosses to Murray and we score,  we gain a bit of confidence, the game opens up a little and we look a much better side and score a few more goals.

It might not be the prettiest at time’s but we keep winning so all good.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

We looked far better once we changed the midfield. Lots of great options and player with different skills and talents. Turner poor today but good during the week. First time I’ve seen Wilson and thought he’s a good option to have, physical and decent on the ball. Probably the best midfield we’ve had for years. Defence looks good as well apart from the initial goal. 
Four games, four wins, nine goals and only one conceded. Only moan would be lack of anything decent from O’Hara. I don’t know what his game is but he looks off it. Poor touch and finishing atm.

How could you have seen Turner midweek but not seen Wilson until today?

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

I listened to the game on the radio. Commentators praised him.

Ok. Wilson was good midweek and today. Thought Turner was frustrated today as he had little options.

For next week I'd go with the team and formation we had when O'Hara went off and Murray came on.