Pars vs ICT, 17th October

17th October, East End Park, kick off 15.00.

This is it, the first league game of the season!

We'll have Mayo and McInroy back from international duty. With the exception of Lewis Martin, we'll have pretty much a full strength squad.

Our second half performance last night was promising. With, potentially, another 90 minutes on Tuesday, the players will be more up to speed and hopefully clicking further.

ICT are usually decent. Robertson has shown to be a top manager with them over the last few seasons. I genuinely have no idea how they will be, but would definitely predict 'decent'. 

Injuries and COVID aside, I reckon we'll go 4-4-2 with the following:

OFW

Comrie Waton Murray Edwards

Dow McInroy Whittaker Thomas

McManus O'Hara

Edited by DA Baracus

Impressed and also not surprised at the work put in by O'Hara and McManus the other night. Exactly the kind of pressure from forwards that could result in some defenders making a mistake. Thankfully we have Brad Mckay and Danny Devine at the back. Oh...

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Do Dunfermline have a stream available for this?

They've had streams available for recent games I'm sure so we will hear later this week. I guess it's a good thing us being away from home as it gives the club an extra week to (hopefully) sort out our streaming service. They've been pretty quiet on that unfortunately which is a little concerning.

19 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

They did live streaming to fans abroad a few years ago I'm sure.  Is there really that much extra that needs to be done?

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

They did live streaming for ex-pats all the way up until last season was stopped. Only issue I can imagine would be the servers coping with the added numbers. No idea about this sort of thing. 

I meant Caley Thistle TV.  I imagine it's a capacity issue for us as well.  I'd probably be interested in signing up for this game but if it's more than £12, I'm out.

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I meant Caley Thistle TV.  I imagine it's a capacity issue for us as well.  I'd probably be interested in signing up for this game but if it's more than £12, I'm out.

Cheaper than going to the game though, won't be cold and suffering a long trip back home after a spanking from Dom Thomas. 

Match experience not the same but £10-£20 vs £50-£70 I can quite easily spend on an away fixture is not a biggie. Think putting money into the away fixtures with PPV is important to prevent clubs going to the wall. I'll be "attending" them all whereas I'd normally pick and choose. Its not like there a million other options for you on a Saturday afternoon currently either. TV on, feet up, beer in hand and not out in the freezing cauld. Whats not tae like?

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:
6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Match experience not the same but £10-£20 vs £50-£70 I can quite easily spend on an away fixture is not a biggie. Think putting money into the away fixtures with PPV is important to prevent clubs going to the wall. I'll be "attending" them all whereas I'd normally pick and choose. Its not like there a million other options for you on a Saturday afternoon currently either. TV on, feet up, beer in hand and not out in the freezing cauld. Whats not tae like?

I wouldn't pay more than £20 to watch my own club on a computer.  If clubs are going to charge that kind of price for a stream that could well be unreliable I'll stay updated online and then watch the highlights afterwards.

17 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:
22 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

That's a fair comment in the present crisis and I'll contribute.

At this time of year I would probably attend the match and travel, gate money etc would be a lot more than whatever the streaming charge will be.

I'm sure many more Caley fans will be like minded.

Mind you I'm sure there will be a few wet pillows in the Dunfermline area come Sunday morning.

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I think I'd be willing to part with 15 quid providing its reliable, me and the wife would both go the game which is £40 in gate fees before I've taken into account I'm a chubby ride who likes a cider. 

Is it that a type of sexual perversion?

Am I missing out here you fuckin pervert.

This is a good game to measure any improvement from last year. Certainly the team looks better overall, but there are questions if we have the same goal threat after Nisbet leaving. Murray getting a double last week is good sign and hopefully guys from midfield chipping in will make up the difference. 

ICT are normally the same standard regardless of who leaves or stays, so we know what we are getting here. 

Going for Pars win by 1-0

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Have Dunfermline tested their stream yet?

They tested it on an archive game and it seemed to go fine, but we haven't actually had any games yet where it can be tested live.

A fixture we usually struggle to get a result in. When Dow, Thomas and McManus all click they look frightening. It's definitely a thing to look forward to this season. We now have, I would say anyway, a more reliable and solid defence compared to the previous two seasons. If we're serious about challenging for promotion, this is the exact game we need to be winning in all honesty.