Forfar vs Dumbarton

Forfar Athletic vs Dumbarton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome?

• Forfar win
    • Draw
    • Dumbarton win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/20 at 14:00

Reading Forfar's defensive woes fills me with a bit more confidence but I've watched Dumbarton sides try and fart their way through paper defences in the past and fail. We've hardly been threatening so far too. Hopefully Duffy adds some pace/quality before Saturday. 

Are Forfar doing Pixellot? Have any test streams gone well, or the same as everyone else? 

Reading Forfar's defensive woes fills me with a bit more confidence but I've watched Dumbarton sides try and fart their way through paper defences in the past and fail. We've hardly been threatening so far too. Hopefully Duffy adds some pace/quality before Saturday. 
Are Forfar doing Pixellot? Have any test streams gone well, or the same as everyone else? 
Defensively, Forfar need only prepare for 216 long aerial balls coming from our back four - I doubt we'll be using this fixture to reintroduce passing.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Yes Forfar are using Pixellot. The friendly against Brechin went smoothly but it crashed for 10/15 minutes last night during the first half of the Hibs game but it was up and running before HT. The biggest issue is the AI camera not following the ball brilliantly and the fact it never zooms in.

Just now, Bridie Vision said:

Yes Forfar are using Pixellot. The friendly against Brechin went smoothly but it crashed for 10/15 minutes last night during the first half of the Hibs game but it was up and running before HT. The biggest issue is the AI camera not following the ball brilliantly and the fact it never zooms in.

Seems to struggle following the ball on plastic pitches, our game against Dunfermline it only lost track of play when it stopped for a period of time and the camera went on a search for the ball but when it was in play it worked. The zoom is a weird thing, I'm not sure why it's not capable of that. It'll do though.

I suspect Forfar will be one of our direct rivals this season in terms of trying to avoid the bottom of the league rather than challenging for the playoffs.  With that in mind I'd really hope we'd be looking to take advantage of their dire sounding defensive situation but unfortunately with our current squad I'm not so sure that we will.  Will we really see a flurry of signings between now and Saturday? I'm not convinced.  Given that Clyde (who I'd consider another direct rival) are our opponents the following week I can't help but feel we're hugely under prepared for what is two important opening games. Even a couple of additions before the weekend could go a long way to balancing out our squad a bit. 

1 minute ago, nofixedability said:

Despite a makeshift defence I was pleasantly surprised by us last night. Saturday will be quite the test, hopefully Fisher will be OK otherwise looks like a very small team that will be susceptible  at corners and free kicks.

Oh. Hello.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
18 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:
Oh. Hello.

And the new Joe McKee is ?

I'd like to think any half decent player could pick out our man mountain of a team from a corner to be fair.

But in answer to your question, Ross Forbes. That guy we brought Joe McKee in to replace when we were all worried about who would take our set pieces.

31 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

But in answer to your question, Ross Forbes. That guy we brought Joe McKee in to replace when we were all worried about who would take our set pieces.

Ross Forbes to score a free kick after ditching us halfway through his contract for yourselves. It's a guarantee surely! 😨

Very little creativity in our side. If Forfar are struggling defensively then there's little to suggest that we've got the creativity when attacking to take advantage.

I think Forfar will sneak it 1-0 or 2-1. We really need at least 4, if not 5 more players. Need cover at fullback, creativity in midfield and some wide options (unless we go with a back 3 and with Hamilton out it would mean either Carswell or Wedderburn dropping back). Big doubts over Johnstone and Jones up front, Crossan isnt an out and out striker and I have no idea what to expect from Wilson. Ross Forbes (if he plays) will do his usual plodding about the park looking for hollywood passes or threatening from set pieces.

We usually end up ok at the tail end of the season. We seem to build a questionable squad early on, have a shite Betfred cup campaign and then somehow pull a signing or two late on that puts things just about right enough that we don't need to worry about the bottom of the table. I've no doubt that this season will be similar, but for the first few weeks we're traditionally absolute bobbins and I'm not expecting Saturday to be any different.

Macallum

Mackenzie Mackintosh Meechan Coll

Scally Thomas Irvine Barr

Shepherd Allan

Probably the best we have atm.

Very little creativity in our side. If Forfar are struggling defensively then there's little to suggest that we've got the creativity when attacking to take advantage.
I think Forfar will sneak it 1-0 or 2-1. We really need at least 4, if not 5 more players. Need cover at fullback, creativity in midfield and some wide options (unless we go with a back 3 and with Hamilton out it would mean either Carswell or Wedderburn dropping back). Big doubts over Johnstone and Jones up front, Crossan isnt an out and out striker and I have no idea what to expect from Wilson. Ross Forbes (if he plays) will do his usual plodding about the park looking for hollywood passes or threatening from set pieces.
We usually end up ok at the tail end of the season. We seem to build a questionable squad early on, have a shite Betfred cup campaign and then somehow pull a signing or two late on that puts things just about right enough that we don't need to worry about the bottom of the table. I've no doubt that this season will be similar, but for the first few weeks we're traditionally absolute bobbins and I'm not expecting Saturday to be any different.
Very much doubt we have the finances for 4 or 5 more players, but I hope I'm wrong. Going by what Duffy said a few weeks ago, I think you might only be looking at a couple.

13 hours ago, lionel wickson said:
14 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Very much doubt we have the finances for 4 or 5 more players, but I hope I'm wrong. Going by what Duffy said a few weeks ago, I think you might only be looking at a couple.

Shameless plug for my own article time, but aye - clicky.

He very rarely openly discusses transfers, so I'm hopeful we'll see an addition or two this week based on what he said post-match.