EOS Premier Division 2020-21

1 hour ago, Bigbro19 said:

100% agree mate, a null and void decision taken tonight would only make them look amateurish. If they are serious about  wanting to see member clubs  progressing and others finding their proper level they’ll avoid it otherwise it’s another wasted year and back to the double figure maulings  week in week out. 

We are where we are,,,,,they have to follow the guidance and apply it as best they can to finding a solution.

Double fugue maulings week in week out - that one has me beaten. 

2 hours ago, Gold Dust said:

You just never know when this mob and i am pretty sure the top 6 would be more than happy to play out 50% of fixtures. Would be better someone going up and giving them a chance in the Lowland than not. 

Why would you come to that conclusion after 3 1/2 maths of not playing or having contact training? Have you heard top 6 clubs wanting to play 50% games?

I can’t see Jeanfield wanting to play any more matches. As it is, if EoS go PPG, then they go up. I think only Tranent would be a shoe in, wanting to play 50%, given their position at top of the league and hope that Jeanfield lose pts as they play the additional 3 matches. 

2 hours ago, Bigbro19 said:

Knowing the guys at Jeanfield very well I would be fairly confident they would be more than willing to play 50% . It’s not all about self preservation at every club, the majority do have strong moral principles. If I’m wrong I’m pretty sure Cumbo will correct me.

You get all upset with people who give you a red dot, yet you give me one for a comment made to another poster. You are a strange one indeed!

i think you are being a little disingenuous towards the ‘minority’  of clubs you do not think have strong moral principles.

We are all here speculating/thinking about what the EoS committee are going to decide- hopefully, will all be clear later tonight. I have no doubt that whatever is decided, be it PPG or play up to 50% of matches or make season null and void, some clubs may not agree with decision, but all will get on with it when football eventually commences again.  I do speak for myself. Debatable if you do the same with some of your responses.  

Edited by Casey Jones

19 hours ago, Bigbro19 said:

100% agree mate, a null and void decision taken tonight would only make them look amateurish. If they are serious about  wanting to see member clubs  progressing and others finding their proper level they’ll avoid it otherwise it’s another wasted year and back to the double figure maulings  week in week out. 

Worldwide pandemic claims the lives of thousands.

Virus spreading an alarming rate through simple contact.

Countries shutdown to try and slow the spread.

In other news:

Fury at tier 6 decision to null and void season.  "Another wasted year" claims Bigbro19

The UK unlike many other countries has pretty much reached herd immunity now through mass vaccination of older age cohorts meaning hosptialisation and death numbers have plummeted but some people still want to act as if we are in the grip of the crisis would be another way to spin it.

On 09/04/2021 at 11:42, LongTimeLurker said:

The UK unlike many other countries has pretty much reached herd immunity now through mass vaccination of older age cohorts meaning hosptialisation and death numbers have plummeted but some people still want to act as if we are in the grip of the crisis would be another way to spin it.

It's literally only been in the past two weeks at most that you could say this, and we're not out of the woods yet. Over than half the population under 65 is still susceptible so it's wrong to claim we're anywhere near herd immunity. If we opened everything up tomorrow you could pretty much guarantee a third peak. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from not giving it to the end of April as planned, and potentially quite a lot to lose.

I don't think anyone is talking as though we are "in the grip of a crisis". Just not being pointlessly impatient. We're nearly there.