EOS Premier Division 2020-21

The SFA don't run the leagues.
Yeh you're right although the way it's playing out will take some sorting seems daft different leagues making it up as we go along.
East of Scotland have made the call already so if no change from SG by 6th April it will be null and void as it stands

13 hours ago, Truthteller said:

It's not ludicrous as Jeanfield have the best PPG and so far appear to have been the best team.

Not sure Jeanfield would qualify for promotion, despite having a SFA licence  (not sure why it was granted) they haven't had working floodlights for the last two seasons.

They have benefited from SFA cash over the last two seasons through being a member and also participating in the Scottish Cup, other clubs have invested in having working floodlights and therefore have spent less on their player budget, they may have the best PPG but its not really been a level playing field?

We have had working floodlights since being granted our licence in the summer of 2019. They were being replaced earlier in the season hence why we brought kick offs forward or switched fixtures when these were out of action.

They have been ready since mid December but we have not had an opportunity to play a fixture under them yet.

We did play 2 fixtures under our old lights as well in October 19 against Crossgates and last season against the same opposition.

Not sure Jeanfield would qualify for promotion, despite having a SFA licence  (not sure why it was granted) they haven't had working floodlights for the last two seasons.
They have benefited from SFA cash over the last two seasons through being a member and also participating in the Scottish Cup, other clubs have invested in having working floodlights and therefore have spent less on their player budget, they may have the best PPG but its not really been a level playing field?
20201217_171454.thumb.jpeg.0fa9708516ca8427c4138b81092ffd53.jpeg

3 hours ago, beachboy said:

Took me 30 seconds to find out that you were talking rubbish.

Please don't come on here and slag folk off without doing the basic minimum to find out if you're right first. The volunteers that are working hard to upgrade facilities on a shoestring budget deserve better. 

5 hours ago, beachboy said:

Why come on and post such rubbish?

sorry think i posted this in wrong topic last time , 

I thought i would just give my opinion on this ,

The RULES were discussed and set before we started , The EoS clubs voted to get to 50% of games played  or null and void!

lowland and higland only went PPG TO FRIG/BEND abide by the small print to allow the champs to go to play off and as both champs were the same as last season they did that !! ( even though they too agreed the rules but broke them ) but i think we can all agree for the greater good  getting a team in the play offs was the best option 

As for the EOS ,,,, totally absurd after all this time off to expect all teams to return , thrash in 3 games a week just to get to 50% for PPG to allow a champ and relegation , NO MONEY , NO FANS ,NO CAR SHARE ,NO SHOWERS, Not enough players ( most of our team actually work ) NO EFFING POINT ,,,,,,,,,, 

PPG now means Jeanfield are champs ,,,,,,think its safe too say that stretching it that they are worthy to be champs,,,,,,,,,,if for example Tranent were champs on PPG now i think it would already have been done by now ,,,,,,

Options - 1 and the official sensible only 1 is sadly Null and Void and stop wasting everyones time and lets get on with Next Season 

that being said i dont think anyone wouldnt mind Leith and Luncarty coming up and then sorting relegation out be it 4 or 6 teams the following season 

Option 2 - PPG right now  , Hand it to Jeanfield and no relegation promote Leith and Luncarty and lets just move on  for FKS SAKE PLEASE 

RANT over and good luck to all teams and Players X lets hope next season is a real football season 

16 minutes ago, Bigbro19 said:

Option 3 - PPG right now , promotion and relegation as was laid out at the start of the season in all leagues and a proper pyramid established. We are seniors now remember, so if it’s good enough for Hearts and Anne Budge it’s good enough for Blackburn and the PandB judge. 

Hearts had played 30 out of 38 matches = 78% of fixtures fulfilled. 

Not comparable to the EoS Premier scenario where some clubs have only managed 8 matches out of 34 so far - less than 25%.

I think it was a disgraceful decision to relegate Hearts at the time.

11 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

Relegate the bottom 2, they are so far gone even Paul Daniels couldn't save them.

Put them in with the top 7 from each of the conferences to make it 16 teams in a First Division.

Paul Daniels died in 2016.

2 hours ago, Truthteller said:

Relegate the bottom 2, they are so far gone even Paul Daniels couldn't save them.

Put them in with the top 7 from each of the conferences to make it 16 teams in a First Division.

have some respect 

get it nulled and voided and forget season happened please 

thankyou

Probably a compromise is they establish a Division 1 based on the top eight (PPG) from each conference. It won't suit quite everyone as some of the sides outside the top eight won't be happy being in the third tier of the EoS. However, I feel some who have been getting beat regularly each season since the first junior influx, might well prefer it and will be glad when they are playing other sides of their level more regular.

5 hours ago, Bigbro19 said:

Does this surprise me? No , because I’ve seen it all before. The exact same happened in the juniors and as has already been pointed out in the EoS regards the Scottish Cup entries.

I’m well aware of that fact merely pointing out that it’s high time the fans and committee  opened their eyes to why he spends so much time influencing them in here.

As I've said before the EoSFA have been around for decades and wont be influenced whatsoever by anybody on here. That is for certain.

How many teams in the EoSFL now and how many actually post on here. Very few.

Remind me your team again ? 

Really ? Null and void the premier but use  PPG to separate the conferences ? They are part of a pyramid and should be treated exactly the same from top to bottom. Celtic were declared champions , Hearts were relegated etc etc . Good enough for the ‘42’ and the Lowland league, why should the same rules not apply to the EoS premier league?
I did say compromise. It would at least mean a Division 1 was in place. Not saying I necessary agree but it would be an option.

22 minutes ago, Scrappydoo said:

Is it today the EOS release their confirmation of the Null And Void that was agreed by All Clubs Prior to Restart ?

No today is the day where the league decide the PPG and declare the champions as being Jeanfield Swifts..... Mic Drop

1 minute ago, Bigbro19 said:

I’d imagine they’d prefer to wait and see if it’s at all possible to go ahead and complete 50% of the fixtures first. Whilst PPG is a more sensible option than null and void it does still have unfair consequences. 

You just never know when this mob and i am pretty sure the top 6 would be more than happy to play out 50% of fixtures. Would be better someone going up and giving them a chance in the Lowland than not.