Players out of contract??

On 10/10/2020 at 17:01, Jurgenflopp said:

with teams not participating do those players become available for other teams?? I hear few players asking to leave already for clubs who will not be playing 

Girvan and Whitletts both stopping players moving, so i was told from a guy at work.

6 hours ago, WestSound said:

Girvan and Whitletts both stopping players moving, so i was told from a guy at work.

No team can stop a player from playing unless he's on a professional contract then said club must honor the contract by paying what is agreed on contract to hold onto the player.
If the player is on an amateur's contract then the club should realise him if he's asks, if they hold onto it, then the player can contact the SFA and get release within, ( I'm sure ) 30 days

Detaiks from SFA about rules around players being released from contracts 

I refer to the recent withdrawal of several West of Scotland Football League clubs from participation for Season 2020/21.

The Scottish FA’s Registration Department is receiving an increasing number of enquiries from these clubs and their players in respect of the status of existing registrations/contracts.  Contractual matters are between the employer (club) and employee (player) and the Scottish FA is not in a position to offer any advice or guidance on individual contracts/registrations.  The clubs and players concerned are encouraged to engage in order to discuss and resolve any registration/contractual issues which may have arisen as a result of the club’s withdrawal from the league.  Ultimately, if matters cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of both parties, a club or a player is entitled to refer any dispute to the Scottish FA in accordance with Annex 2 of the Registration Procedures (P213 of the Scottish FA Handbook https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/6947/scottish-fa-handbook-2020-21.pdf ). 

The West of Scotland Football League is requested to advise all clubs concerned that they should engage directly with their players in respect of existing registrations/contracts.  Contact should only be made with the Scottish FA in the event that all attempts to resolve registration/contractual issues have been fully exhausted and the club or player wishes the matter referred to arbitration.

Should you have any queries in relation to the above, please get in touch.

13 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Am I reading that wrong is it the ex coach that is actually trying to get the players new clubs rather than the club? He says he is on the scrap heap and looking for a new club himself.

Actually you're probably right.

2 hours ago, WestSound said:

Girvan blocking deals for players leaving. Shocking from them. 

Everything your saying is a windup and NOT TRUE

No team can block a player from leaving ffs

The only way the players can stay is that the team keeps paying their wage.
If amateur, the player can just contact the SFA and then be released within 30 days or is is 40, I forget