Players out of contract??

5 minutes ago, Juniorfootball123 said:

Yes they will be free to sign for any other club.

Talbot

Pollok 

Kilbirnie

Whittletts

Kilysth 

I believe anyway, but clubs have until Sunday to confirm. 

I've not see it but hhas any club who say they are withdrawing for this season stated that they are releasing players

Each player who signs for these clubs are either on an amateur form for the  20/21 season or a professional form for the 20/21 season.
The clubs do not have to release those players unless they cannot keep up with the players contracted payments. 

I'm sure the clubs who withdraw are allowed to play friendlies and are they allowed to participate in the other cup, ie. SCC.

The only way the clubs would release a player was that they felt it would harm their name in some way if they keep the players signed

4 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

They'll likely be going by the managers letter - Kilbirnie, Pollok and Talbot managers didn't put their name to it. That means nothing.

That suddenly came to mind once i had posted . Just have to wait and see on sunday . Would be a very strange league without Pollok, Talbot and Kilbirnie. 

Edited by eaglelok

7 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I've not see it but hhas any club who say they are withdrawing for this season stated that they are releasing players

Each player who signs for these clubs are either on an amateur form for the  20/21 season or a professional form for the 20/21 season.
The clubs do not have to release those players unless they cannot keep up with the players contracted payments. 

I'm sure the clubs who withdraw are allowed to play friendlies and are they allowed to participate in the other cup, ie. SCC.

The only way the clubs would release a player was that they felt it would harm their name in some way if they keep the players signed

Provided clubs haven’t given these players a signing on fee or paid for them, in my opinion I would be absolutely shocked if the clubs don’t release them!  

With respect (maybe) the the 17 managers, they're employees. What the clubs do is nothing to do with them - this isn't the amateurs where they run and pick the team. Clubs should do what is right for their future and survival through these (for us) unprecedented times.

Edited by cmontheloknow

3 minutes ago, Juniorfootball123 said:

So you think players are just going to accept taking ANOTHER 9 majority of the season out while not getting paid? 

You think they'll be getting paid by those playing on anyway? With what?

Edited by cmontheloknow

3 minutes ago, Juniorfootball123 said:

I think your missing the point, they will be playing that’s the difference. And probably agreed they will receive some money (depending on the player) and possibly money IF (yes if) fans get back in! 

Fans coming back in? I can really see the SG going for that. The timing is all wrong. Clubs don't have income to pay players.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Vultures - Photographing the Antiheroes of Our Ecosystems | Exposure -  YouTube

Ah, vultures - I get it!

I'm very silly, please explain the visual pun (I suspect I'd like it).

Edited by Sunrise

22 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Fans coming back in? I can really see the SG going for that. The timing is all wrong. Clubs don't have income to pay players.

Here's what Jason Leitch was saying as recently as a week ago:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54408588

... "I'm very mindful of the smaller clubs who could put together pretty strong mitigation to have small, distanced, local crowds and keep the vulnerable away. That will come back and I am an advocate for that but it's about timing.

"We haven't had that discussion fully yet with the SPFL and Scottish FA. Should they let Annan, for example, have crowds before Rangers and Celtic? There are arguments in both directions and at some point we'll trigger that but not yet, because we're still too worried about the virus." ...