Old advertising jingles remembered

Antlion

Ashfield, Ashfield, Ashfield, Ashfield
Ashfield- the people who care
For new cars, for used cars
For van hire, you know they'll always be there

I can even remember a spin off version they did using Johnny Cash style singing, sung, of course, by Johnny Cashfield.

I can remember an advert for Tennent's Lager, in 1985, that listed various musical genres that had developed since it was first brewed 100 years previously.

The jingle went something like: There was Tennent's in the days of rhythm and blues and Tennent's when Rock 'n' Roll was making the news. 

I can't find any evidence of this advert anywhere online. Surely somebody else on here must remember it?

2 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Holy shit!!! This has haunted me for years but I never knew what it was and therefore couldn't find it. Good work Danny. If I could give you two greenies I would.

Done it for you.

These ‘public service’ ads were bizarre.  As time went on I assumed that they (the advertisers or government) were obliged to air them but didn’t want to have to meet the cost resulting in them being shown at three in the morning.  

This was before people watched TV at three in the morning.