Old advertising jingles remembered

Antlion

4 minutes ago, stanton said:

Central heating for kids 

Being but a wee lad in Arbroath I used to see that as on the telly and Arbroath being fucking cold I pestered my ma to buy Ready Brek.

Having had my bowl of what I vaguely remember was semolina like stuff (this was over 40 years ago) I set forth to school and was still fucking cold.

Thus I learned from an early age that advertising is bollocks.

On 26/10/2020 at 08:39, Antlion said:

“Werther's and the feeling

That you never will forget

When one who loves you says to you

You're someone very special too.”

Twee, nauseating pish.

Heavy OFTW vibes from the auld yin as well. The whole thing seems like a disturbing euphemism.

Spoiler

On 27/10/2020 at 00:53, Jimi Shandrix said:

Sky V. I. PEEEEEE

A classic.

The wean loves watching the Challenge channel. For months, viewers have been barraged by Sky adverts for "Mr Will Smith!", who hasn't done anything worthwhile in more than a decade, and some bitch in a wedding dress, who I'm still unable to identify. The whole campaign has made me associate Sky with utter crap and being annoyed, so great job there.

There was an advert on many moons ago which had a cartoon hedgehog (I think) singing lines from what Google tells me is a song called “Ma Belle Marguerite”: “Marguerite drink the sun with me”. Anyone remember this or know what it was for? I think some kind of grass growing product...