Dundee United v Aberdeen

17 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Yeah Aberdeen are gonna absolutely hose us here. No two ways about it. 

Hopefully there's at least some semblance of Mickey Taker seeing he needs to change it up a bit. 

If Fuchs and Hoti/Powers are match fit put them in the middle, drop Butcher back with Reynolds and play McMullan and Bolton wide and get some service into the strikers. 

Smith Butcher Reynolds Robson 

Bolton Hoti Fuchs McMullan/Sporle

McNulty/Clark Shankland

Bold move putting an entirely new central midfield in, particularly Hoti who doesn't seem to have played a single minute of competitive football for over a year. I'd go with that defence though.

22 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Bold move putting an entirely new central midfield in, particularly Hoti who doesn't seem to have played a single minute of competitive football for over a year. I'd go with that defence though.

Those who dare rodders those who dare. 

I was at that game - condemned us to bottom six football for McInnes’ first five matches - including relegating your neighbours in one of them.

McInnes watched from the stands and I believe targeted Willo Flood as his first signing on the strength of a dominant performance in this match.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

I was at that game - condemned us to bottom six football for McInnes’ first five matches - including relegating your neighbours in one of them.

McInnes watched from the stands and I believe targeted Willo Flood as his first signing on the strength of a dominant performance in this match.

had we got top six, Craig Brown would have stayed on for those six games to have a shot at Europe, with McInnes taking over in the summer. As it went, it probably did us a favour. Allowed McInnes a full five games with the squad, nothing at stake, to assess what he had/needed. 

Thank you Rory Boulding!

8 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

had we got top six, Craig Brown would have stayed on for those six games to have a shot at Europe, with McInnes taking over in the summer. As it went, it probably did us a favour. Allowed McInnes a full five games with the squad, nothing at stake, to assess what he had/needed. 

Thank you Rory Boulding!

Even when United beat us, they've really lost. Story of their lives.

59 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Those kits... emoji7.png

AfterlightImage.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen an Aberdeen / Dundee United game with both in their home kits.

Aberdeen's away kit gets its first outing on Saturday. (And I'm still not sure what that separate band for the sponsor is about...)

9 hours ago, resk said:

Anyone know how much the PPV costs? As far as I can tell on the United website it is classified information that I can only obtain by registering.

I costs nothing to register, which I did last week. I think that it’s £12.50, although it could be £12.99.

On 12/10/2020 at 21:28, RussellAnderson said:

fair play, those are some good scenes behind the goal! I was there that day and it was pretty miserable. Still, paved the way for "Magic McInnes" so happy days. 

My abiding memory from that game was Craig Brown’s post match interview where he stressed how positive we’d been in the closing stages by trying to win the game rather than just settling for a draw. Seeing as we had to win to have any chance of making the top 6, it pretty much encapsulated his over-cautious mindset that settling for a draw even entered his thoughts. 

I costs nothing to register, which I did last week. I think that it’s £12.50, although it could be £12.99.
I realise that, it's just I don't want to register for a thing just to find out the cost of it when I haven't decided if I'm going to buy it or not. The Dons website has the cost of the single game PPV in the news story prior to each home game ie. you can find out how much it costs without registering.