Dundee United v Aberdeen

Guest Bob Mahelp

No disrespect to my Arab friends, but I can't work out how United have 12 points and are sitting 6th in the table. 

I haven't really been paying attention to their results or performances, but they looked bottom 3 on Saturday. 

Given that we have the home catch up game against Hamilton tomorrow, that was really 2 points thrown away on Saturday.  These extra points plus (hopefully) a win tomorrow would have put us just 1 point behind Celtic and 5 behind Rangers with a game in hand. 

Wasteful. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No disrespect to my Arab friends, but I can't work out how United have 12 points and are sitting 6th in the table. 

I haven't really been paying attention to their results or performances, but they looked bottom 3 on Saturday. 

Given that we have the home catch up game against Hamilton tomorrow, that was really 2 points thrown away on Saturday.  These extra points plus (hopefully) a win tomorrow would have put us just 1 point behind Celtic and 5 behind Rangers with a game in hand. 

Wasteful. 

It's almost as if the previous 10 games were against varied opposition, with different selections and playing conditions. Tricky one...

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Big Shedboy said:

It's almost as if the previous 10 games were against varied opposition, with different selections and playing conditions. Tricky one...

Oh, I never knew that. Thanks for the in-depth tactical analysis and clearing things up. 

On 17/10/2020 at 21:57, Bob Mahelp said:

Even though he's improved this season, he's still a fucking pussy. 

I still feel that there's a mental and physical weakness to his game that means he'll never go further than the point he's at just now

In theory being good enough to remain in our side should be a bigger concern for him, rather than some move down south or likes.

He is a tidy player, and I enjoy some of his link up play - but after a bonnie goal v Livi, that's some fairly poor efforts when clean through, noticeably against Kilmarnock, Viking and again on Saturday.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

In theory being good enough to remain in our side should be a bigger concern for him, rather than some move down south or likes.

He is a tidy player, and I enjoy some of his link up play - but after a bonnie goal v Livi, that's some fairly poor efforts when clean through, noticeably against Kilmarnock, Viking and again on Saturday.

We have 2 notably physically and mentally strong players in our team in Ferguson and McCrorie. 

Both younger than Wright but both light years ahead of him in application, ability, strength and career development. 

Tidy isn't good enough for Aberdeen, and neither are a few good flashes then disappearing for 20 minutes. Wright needs to be a net contributor to the side, and despite an obvious improvement, he still often looks like a passenger. 

I fear he's destined to be a poor man's Peter Pawlett. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We have 2 notably physically and mentally strong players in our team in Ferguson and McCrorie. 

Both younger than Wright but both light years ahead of him in application, ability, strength and career development. 

Tidy isn't good enough for Aberdeen, and neither are a few good flashes then disappearing for 20 minutes. Wright needs to be a net contributor to the side, and despite an obvious improvement, he still often looks like a passenger. 

Perhaps Matty Kennedy could do a better job in that role.

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

There's a lot I disagree with in this post, but how are you quantifying 'mental strength' here? Why have you concluded that Ferguson and McCrorie are more mentally strong than our other physically strong players, like Considine, Hoban and several others? 

9 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Wasteful. 

There’s your answer.

Edited by kdyteejay

Guest Bob Mahelp
53 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

There’s your answer.

No, it isn't. It's the reason for my (quite reasonable) question. 

Is it an Arab thing that nobody seems to be able to give a straight answer to a straight question ?

Actually, that's not true. Somebody said that other teams in the league were just a bit shite...that's probably as accurate as any answer. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No, it isn't. It's the reason for my (quite reasonable) question. 

Is it an Arab thing that nobody seems to be able to give a straight answer to a straight question ?

Actually, that's not true. Somebody said that other teams in the league were just a bit shite...that's probably as accurate as any answer. 

You didn't even ask a question