Dundee United v Aberdeen

No excuse for not beating that shite and by the end of the game we were lucky to leave with a point thanks to Joe Lewis.

This one was on Wright. Two guilt edged opportunities. Lots of good link up play between Watkins, Hedges and Wright but if neither of them can put the ball in the net then it's mostly for nothing.

Players were knackered near the end due to the intense pressing in the first half and it showed.

United could be nervously looking over their shoulder by Christmas. Look a much worse team than St Mirren.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Yinited absolutely shitfested their way to a point, and I'm sure are delighted about it. 

Nobody to blame apart from ourselves though, our crossing was beyond brutal all day. 

Oh, and the referee obviously. 

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

United could be nervously looking over their shoulder by Christmas. Look a much worse team than St Mirren.

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Yinited absolutely shitfested their way to a point, and I'm sure are delighted about it. 

2CCCB1A1-1093-4DE7-9772-EBD9BA3B6CB2.gif

4 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Shocker from United. Aberdeen may aswell give up football if they can't score in games like that. They are the unics of Scottish football 

What’s a unic?

12 points from 11 games, l will happily take that average ppg for the rest of the season

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

2CCCB1A1-1093-4DE7-9772-EBD9BA3B6CB2.gif

You mistake me. 

I'm not bitter. Defending is part of the game and I thought United were organised and strong there today. Your keeper was excellent.

I'm sure you'll forgive me for being slightly aggrieved about the referee staring at a handball from 5 yards away and not giving it, but them's the breaks. 

We should have won, but United d id what they had to do to stop us. I've no problem with that. 

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

You mistake me. 

I'm not bitter. Defending is part of the game and I thought United were organised and strong there today. Your keeper was excellent.

I'm sure you'll forgive me for being slightly aggrieved about the referee staring at a handball from 5 yards away and not giving it, but them's the breaks. 

We should have won, but United d id what they had to do to stop us. I've no problem with that. 

Fair play. There was a bit of daylight robbery there but it could be a vital point come the end of the season.  

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You mistake me. 

I wouldn't say they were well organised or strong at all. Countless times we couldn't beat the first man and missed three sitters.

The kept trying to play out from the back. None of their centre halves seemed to have it in them and neither of their cm's were making it any easier for them.

That's a game we should have won but I'm far from bitter. If I'm annoyed it's due to our failure to score guilt edged chances.

Loving the same United fans who say they would be happy finishing tenth this season cry their eyes out after a draw with Aberdeen takes us into the top 6 after a full round of games.

Absolutely negatives from today- 3-5-2 doesn’t work as Bolton doesn’t track any further back than the half way line, and we may as well play 3 field mice in place of Harkes Pawlett and Butcher, but our centre half’s were absolutely fine today- I actually thought Edwards was very decent in a no frills way. Benji was excellent.

The shape looked much better when we went to 4-4-2 and all the personnel which came on were upgrades- the team that finished the game should start next week, with the exception of Fuchs coming in for Harkes if he is fit.

Aberdeen were obviously better than us- but you would expect that, I was surprised by the lack of quality in the final ball on a few occasions from them.

I was mostly dipping in and out of the second half, but, from what I did watch, I thought we lacked creativity in the middle and it all became a bit too predictable. Hayes and Hedges were pretty wasteful, with Hayes' crossing particularly poor, but we were lacking a significant threat from elsewhere - I'm maybe being a touch unfair, but as much as McCrorie and Ferguson have earned plenty plaudits as a partnership, and rightly so, it isn't the most subtle midfield pairing against a packed defence when you are needing a goal. 

Still, we should have had the game buried in the first half, even discounting the stonewall penalty. Wright's finishing needs some amount of work - it was especially criminal not to score the one after McLennan's excellent run and pass on the stroke of half-time. 

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I wouldn't say they were well organised or strong at all. Countless times we couldn't beat the first man and missed three sitters.

The kept trying to play out from the back. None of their centre halves seemed to have it in them and neither of their cm's were making it any easier for them.

That's a game we should have won but I'm far from bitter. If I'm annoyed it's due to our failure to score guilt edged chances.

Yeah, Wright was gilty of missing a couple of sitters.....

Sorry. I’ll get my coat.....