Dundee United v Aberdeen

7 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Can we all just agree to accept a 1-1? Don't bother playing the game, just bump elbows (or whatever the guidelines say) and take a point each?

I dont want to watch this game or listen to MM shouting "Haud yir shape" or whatever 484848918374 times a game.

If you don’t want to watch or listen to the game there’s any easy solution.  If you’re not sure what to do just PM me and I will talk you through it.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

If you don’t want to watch or listen to the game there’s any easy solution.  If you’re not sure what to do just PM me and I will talk you through it.

If your advice is "chuck your walking stick at the moving picture box" then ill not need to PM you but ill need to borrow one of your walking sticks...

Aberdeen might struggle as they have had a lot of players away in International duty and have sometimes noticed a drop in standards at the weekend. 

Anyway subscribed to PPV, noticed an 'away commentary' option which will have Super Kev McNaughton :)

Edited by betting competition

On 15/10/2020 at 16:03, Mvondo_the_great said:

I hope United can turn the corner on this one.

Not only do Aberdeen bore me to do death with the boring nature of they're play and signings but they play in a ground so unsafe that it make a dens look like the Ritz. It's a bit as if st Johnstone and Dundee had a baby, made of granit and depression.

Add to it the absolute shame of keeping the 11-1 vote and I think it's clear why Aberdeen should be dispelled from football. You know, since they have destroyed Scottish football. They are quite frankly disgusting.

You always worry about promoted teams. Do they come up and adapt to the big league or do they take their championship level patter with them.

38 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You always worry about promoted teams. Do they come up and adapt to the big league or do they take their championship level patter with them.

Hibs have been up and down the leagues and they're still surviving with their chronic chat.

39 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I welcome them back. Their losers mentality fitting well to there propensity to lose. Even their last manager thought it would be better staying in the championship with Hearts rather than watch the shit show unfold.

8 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Well if you change your mind please let us know. 

I will be otherwise engaged at 3pm tomorrow so you can use my DUTV account for the stream if you like.

I haven’t paid for the PPV yet, so I’ll take it. Cheers.

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is a derby?  Really?

Bit of a boring thread with no personal abuse and little sign of tears and snotters.

Anyway, if A'deen don't record an away win I will be so surprised that I will have Nicola Sturgeon as my avatar for the next week.

I must admit, this would almost make a Utd win palatable.

21 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The draw is also an option...but this confirms to me why it isn't really a derby as none of you admit to giving a f**k.

It's not that either of us don't give a f**k. The united fans are no doubt hopeful their team will turn up, but are reticent to make any claims given they are undoubtedly the underdogs in this tie.

Dons fans are all expecting a win, make no mistake, but we've also all been here before a hundred times.

Aberdeen vs United and vice versa has always been a highlight of the calendar. Just because we don't spout bile and hatred towards each other doesn't mean it's any less a fixture. In fact it's the epitome of what a good Scottish derby should be.

Also...FTH.

14 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

It's not that either of us don't give a f**k. The united fans are no doubt hopeful their team will turn up, but are reticent to make any claims given they are undoubtedly the underdogs in this tie.

Dons fans are all expecting a win, make no mistake, but we've also all been here before a hundred times.

Aberdeen vs United and vice versa has always been a highlight of the calendar. Just because we don't spout bile and hatred towards each other doesn't mean it's any less a fixture. In fact it's the epitome of what a good Scottish derby should be.

Also...FTH.

Pish.  It's a sanitised, made-up derby by the Weegie Red Tops and cleary neither side could give a f**k.

Stirling Albion vs East Fife is a proper Scottish derby compared to this insipid bilge.

Edited by The_Kincardine

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Pish.  It's a sanitised, made-up derby by the Weegie Red Tops and cleary neither side could give a f**k.

East Stirlingshire vs East Fife is a proper Scottish derby compared to this insipid bilge.

If by 'sanitised' you actually mean 'devoid of bigotry that belongs in the 17th century', then yes...I fully agree.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

East Stirlingshire vs East Fife is a proper Scottish derby compared to this insipid bilge.

You’re right of course. My weekend won’t be enhanced by beating these scummy Jute b*st*rds, and it won’t be tarnished by losing to these scummy Jute b*st*rds.  I’ll just sit there watching the match that I’ll have paid £12.50 to these scummy Jute b*st*rds for,  and just let it wash over me. Just a laid back Saturday afternoon waiting for the red hot atmosphere that awaits us on Tuesday night at home to Hamilton.

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You’re right of course. My weekend won’t be enhanced by beating these scummy Jute b*st*rds, and it won’t be tarnished by losing to these scummy Jute b*st*rds.  I’ll just sit there watching the match that I’ll have paid £12.50 to these scummy Jute b*st*rds for,  and just let it wash over me. Just a laid back Saturday afternoon waiting for the red hot atmosphere that awaits us on Tuesday night at home to Hamilton.

Thats scummy Jute, Jam and Journalism b*****ds, thank you very much, you tractor driving,  sheep shagging b*****d.

8 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Thats scummy Jute, Jam and Journalism b*****ds, thank you very much, you tractor driving,  sheep shagging b*****d.

That's the St. Johnstone lads min, you'll find we're all the obnoxious BMW drivers. The absolute pinnacle of Dons fan oil wealth, of course, is the Range Rover driver.

Stirling Albion vs East Fife is a proper Scottish derby compared to this insipid bilge.
If you really judge the strength of a rivalry by how much abuse is thrown around pre-match on P&B, then I think maybe you are over-estimating how integral P&B is to Scottish fitba. There are only about 15 Dons fans and 10 United fans who regularly or semi-regularly post on here ffs.