Dundee United v Aberdeen

The media/pundits have fairly critical of Dundee Utd's recent form and performances. They are currently sitting 7th in the table. 

They drew 1-1 away to Hamilton where according to media reports they were poor.

Against Livingston, they registered one shot on goal (a free kick that they actually scored from) at home. A game they ended up losing. 

They did win 6-2 against Brechin.

They lost 1-0 to a fairly dominant Peterhead side at home and only managed a 1-0 win against Kelty Hearts (a team 4 divisions below the SPL) this past week.

Their new signing Fuchs is unavailable for Saturday however Marc McNulty is set to start alongside Shankland according to Micky Mellon.

Considine returns after two fantastic performances for Scotland. Ross McCrorie scored for the Scotland U21's and was eventually called up to the Scotland first team squad in what was a successful past week for the Dons internationalists (McGinn also scored while on international duty).

We showed real character to comeback from behind to score a last minute winner against St Mirren in our last match and overall we've started the season fairly well (barring The Rangers and Motherwell results).

And with all that in mind, for some reason I'm actually less confident about this coming Saturday. I think it will be a 1-1 draw or 2-0 Dundee Utd. 

I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The media/pundits have fairly critical of Dundee Utd's recent form and performances. They are currently sitting 7th in the table. 

They drew 1-1 away to Hamilton where according to media reports they were poor.

Against Livingston, they registered one shot on goal (a free kick that they actually scored from) at home. A game they ended up losing. 

They did win 6-2 against Brechin.

They lost 1-0 to a fairly dominant Peterhead side at home and only managed a 1-0 win against Kelty Hearts (a team 4 divisions below the SPL) this past week.

Their new signing Fuchs is unavailable for Saturday however Marc McNulty is set to start alongside Shankland according to Micky Mellon.

Considine returns after two fantastic performances for Scotland. Ross McCrorie scored for the Scotland U21's and was eventually called up to the Scotland first team squad in what was a successful past week for the Dons internationalists (McGinn also scored while on international duty).

We showed real character to comeback from behind to score a last minute winner against St Mirren in our last match and overall we've started the season fairly well (barring The Rangers and Motherwell results).

And with all that in mind, for some reason I'm actually less confident about this coming Saturday. I think it will be a 1-1 draw or 2-0 Dundee Utd. 

I hope I'm wrong.

Can we all just agree to accept a 1-1? Don't bother playing the game, just bump elbows (or whatever the guidelines say) and take a point each?

I dont want to watch this game or listen to MM shouting "Haud yir shape" or whatever 484848918374 times a game.

24 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Can we all just agree to accept a 1-1? Don't bother playing the game, just bump elbows (or whatever the guidelines say) and take a point each?

I dont want to watch this game or listen to MM shouting "Haud yir shape" or whatever 484848918374 times a game.

We don’t want one point, we want three. Not to say we’ll get them, but let’s play the game and see what happens.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

We don’t want one point, we want three. Not to say we’ll get them, but let’s play the game and see what happens.

The more chance of this game being played means the less chance of a point for us. Hence the logical thing is not to play the game from our point of view. And you'll be guaranteed a point. Not too bad. I cant see a down side really.

As last season shows, we don't need to play every game to reach the ideal outcome. 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Just wanted to pop in and inform you all I probably won't be watching this game tomorrow folks. Cheers.

Well if you change your mind please let us know. 

I will be otherwise engaged at 3pm tomorrow so you can use my DUTV account for the stream if you like.