Scotland vs Slovakia (UEFA Nations League)

charger29

That was impressive without being spectacular. Thought Fraser was immense. He covered so much ground. O'Donnell gets a fair amount of stick but I thought he was good tonight. Defence was solid. 

If we shitfest our way to wins like that, I'll take it every time. Seems like a Craig Brown type performance. Good solid unit and club like set up.

Guest bernardblack
That was as comfortable a 1-0 win you can get. Other than a few decent balls from an ageing Hamsik, Slovakia offered barely anything.
I think McBurnie did enough to get a start on Wednesday.

Instead of Dykes?

Surely not

Well deserved.

Good performances all over the pitch - obviously delighted for Considine to have been as solid as he was, but nobody in a Scotland jersey played poorly (other than maybe Fleck, who I thought was a bit anonymous).

O'Donnell much improved, Robertson really good in the second half, and the back three barely put a foot wrong defensively. McLean's performance probably the most pleasant surprise of the night - usually think he's poor for Scotland, but he was very good tonight, especially in the second half. Fraser made a huge difference. Substitutes did well when they came on, too - McBurnie holding the ball up really well and unlucky not to score, even McGregor making some positive forward runs. 

Still work to be done, but plenty of small improvements all over the pitch. Nice to be positive about Scotland for once. 

Remember how the Republic of Ireland shitfest their way to tournaments? There  is more than a touch of that style about us at the moment.

Mind you, their shitfest festival was more or less successful over a 20 year period.

I would take it though, if it got us to tournaments.

I was critical at half-time, but fair enough that was much better. And a definite improvement in the shape and higher engagement. Forcing mistakes from them. Grew into the game.

Still think we were making progress with the 4231 tho. 

Frasers running gave us a better balance up front. 

Good games for mctominay and O'donnell (second half)

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Is feeling numb better than feeling rage because that is where I am at.

It was a game of football, we won. Nothing else to say.

Either football's not for you, or you're very well named.

We have a squad with no decent goal scorers, no decent central defenders and no decent right back. The priority is to be hard to beat. We've been asking for ages why we can't do an Ireland or a Northern Ireland and battle our way to a tournament. Well, here it is. We controlled a game against a team that should be better than us.

Honestly, we may well look back and say a team was born this week.