Scotland vs Slovakia (UEFA Nations League)

charger29

Not much point changing the formation now, if that’s what we are playing we might as well continue to work at it. Make a few changes for tomorrow then go with our strongest side again on Wednesday. I think we want to try and keep as much of the defence together as possible though. 

Marshall 

McTominay Gallagher Cooper 

McGinn*                                                        Robertson

Fleck     McClean 

Fraser 

Shankland    Dykes 

*No idea if McGinn can play RWB.                

Edited to add that I would probably just play McCrorie at RWB. Plenty of pace and can get forward. Should be better than O’Donnell in there - just see how it goes.                        

Edited by No_Problemo

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Not much point changing the formation now, if that’s what we are playing we might as well continue to work at it. Make a few changes for tomorrow then go with our strongest side again on Wednesday. I think we want to try and keep as much of the defence together as possible though. 

Marshall 

McTominay Gallagher Cooper 

McGinn*                                                        Robertson

Fleck     McClean 

Fraser 

Shankland    Dykes 

*No idea if McGinn can play RWB.                

Edited to add that I would probably just play McCrorie at RWB. Plenty of pace and can get forward. Should be better than O’Donnell in there - just see how it goes.                        

Fraser at RWB

McGinn for Shankland

Still the problem of Robertson at LWB

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:
16 hours ago, Jim McLean said:
Turnbull was an unused sub for the U21s. Suspect he will be getting the call up to the full squad.

He was poor in their last game so he might just have been dropped.

He’s dropped down a level

Wouldn't be averse to giving either McCrorie brother a start, but don't want to be too blazé about this game. Back 3 has to remain if that's the way we're going to face Serbia. Also need to unlock some sort of joined-up attacking dynamic between McGinn and the two strikersscotland-slovakia-5bf5a1a25c17975554f9448ed37ea987.jpeg

Pretty sure Fleck, McLean, and different right back will start. Perhaps Shankland up front.

Imagine everyone else will be the same.

I expect Porteous, to get game time, with a good chance that Considine and/or McGinn to get some minutes, possibly depending on scores with 20 minutes to go.

I’d like to see some players given a chance, so long as it doesn’t disrupt our free-flowing football.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

Just now, ewan14 said:

Get him in midfield , we badly need urgency

I’m not an Aberdeen fan but whenever I’ve seen him in highlights he does seem to push the team forward from deep midfield and does make the occasional marauding, forward run 

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Wouldn't be averse to giving either McCrorie brother a start, but don't want to be too blazé about this game. Back 3 has to remain if that's the way we're going to face Serbia. Also need to unlock some sort of joined-up attacking dynamic between McGinn and the two strikersscotland-slovakia-5bf5a1a25c17975554f9448ed37ea987.jpeg

McBurnie ?