Scotland vs Slovakia (UEFA Nations League)

charger29

Folk getting their knickers in a twist online over the result and performance. I'd much rather we're hard to beat so we get better results against the better teams than hammer the shite and embarrass ourselves against the good teams.

They're not mutually exclusive obviously but the manager doesn't get too long to work on things.

Delighted for Andy there.

Just now, DrewDon said:

He is just an extremely likeable bloke. 

He does seem it, not even that annoying an accent for Aberdeen.

O'Donnell did well tonight too, they all got pass marks. Don't know when the last time you could say that was, McLean too did really well, huge interception around the hour mark in our box.  Only one was Fleck still has to have that performance that a lot of them had tonight where he arrives at that level.

Folk getting their knickers in a twist online over the result and performance. I'd much rather we're hard to beat so we get better results against the better teams than hammer the shite and embarrass ourselves against the good teams.
They're not mutually exclusive obviously but the manager doesn't get too long to work on things.
I think that's what Clarke's long game is here. Make us hard to beat before fine tuning the attacking side. Already seeing improvements in defence.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

He did excellent, really tremendous, looked like it was his 80th cap. Established himself as a good option now.

Andy's problem will be when he comes up against pace. 

However, he gave a typical Andy performance tonight...calm, steady, unflustered, experienced. It was his international debut but he looked like a man that had done it before. 

He allowed Gallagher (also a good game) and Robertson, the chance to shine a bit more. He looked to the manor born, so well done Andy. 

17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I didn't see all of this but I'm a bit perplexed at the negativity from Crocker and Provan at the end. It looked like we were light years better than Thursday night with some good, incisive one touch football at times. 

Robertson, McGregor and McBurnie running rings round then in injury time was good stuff as well. 

Provan is a fucking moron. Can't believe he's still on the TV.

Decent performance overall, getting better with every game. Gonna be tough against Czech Republic but get another result on Wednesday and we can go into the game in November with a bit of positive momentum. Fairly pleasing.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

They maybe say the score a lot on the radio because you can’t see it. People might be joining it all the time, like getting into your car, and not listening to the whole game, so it is good to hear the score not long after you switch on.

I’ll go for higher, Brucie.

Incredibly balanced. 28 mentions of the score in the second half for 56 times in total. You can have your stake back. Thank you Liam.

Deserved win for Scotland.

9 minutes ago, welldaft said:

So Serbia lost at home tonight.....mmmmm......

You know I could point out that a Scotland renaissance was more than likely the moment fans could not attend the games. Oh so typical ! 

Not having fans means that Fraser and McBurnie have been able to work their way back in. Also less nerves on the few (Almost zero) occasions that Israel/Slovakia got near their goal.

Thank goodness Clarke is stubborn and stuck with the system. It's no surprise that Scotland centre halves are looking good in a 3. If you don't have any good centre halves, that's the way you play. T

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

He absolutely 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He absolutely did.

Is Davies a better striker than Dykes?

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He absolutely did.

I’m listening in Germany so wasn’t sure. Also I’m pished. Maybe we should star5 with Davies?

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He absolutely did.

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Andy's problem will be when he comes up against pace. 

However, he gave a typical Andy performance tonight...calm, steady, unflustered, experienced. It was his international debut but he looked like a man that had done it before. 

He allowed Gallagher (also a good game) and Robertson, the chance to shine a bit more. He looked to the manor born, so well done Andy. 

Aye he cruised it. I think Clarke is pretty astute, the times we are up against real pace I would expect we'll be very deep to not leave much space behind, and/or people like Considine don't feature in those games.  But he did as well as you could possibly have hoped and is now a good option to have for a wee while.

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think that's what Clarke's long game is here. Make us hard to beat before fine tuning the attacking side. Already seeing improvements in defence.

Where were you the 2 seasons he was at Killie?