Scotland vs Slovakia (UEFA Nations League)

charger29

18 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

For the record, I would absolutely love Martin Boyle as an option off the bench for us

I've been thinking that for a while, I'd say he's probably the third best out and out winger we have.

A very serviceable right wing back and forward as well. In the weird world of international football a guy with that much pace can be a real weapon even if he does have shortcomings. You'd imagine there must have been contact since Clarke took over but I guess he feels he can't let Australia down by changing or he'd just rather play for them.

All expenses paid trips to Australia and asia a few times a year plus a higher chance of going to international tournaments. You can't blame him when he was already doing well, was getting to an age where he had to make a choice and there wasn't a sniff from Scotland

I didn't see all of this but I'm a bit perplexed at the negativity from Crocker and Provan at the end. It looked like we were light years better than Thursday night with some good, incisive one touch football at times. 

Robertson, McGregor and McBurnie running rings round then in injury time was good stuff as well. 

Just now, GordonS said:

Feel so much better about Thursday in light of this. There's an obvious gameplan coming together.

It's not going to be pretty, but we might just get somewhere.

Is feeling numb better than feeling rage because that is where I am at.

It was a game of football, we won. Nothing else to say.

Wasn’t the prettiest but a good win none the less. We should win the group now, assuming we don’t lose at home to the Czechs.
We will certainly face tougher tests that a second string Slovakia if we are going to qualify for the World Cup via this route.
Far as I can see the only way we get one of the two World Cup playoff spots available via nations league is if no two teams ranked higher than us won their nations league group and didn’t finish in the top two of their World Cup qualifying group. If two of the sixteen teams in league A fall Into that category we won’t make the playoff.
If we do make it we then have a similar playoff to the Euros. Semi final then final.

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

I was quite impressed by our second half showing. 

We actually looked comfortable and most if not all players were decent. 

Yes it is a weakened Slovakia side but so what. 

More positive performance all round. 

To be fair, we were weakened too, with 6 first team players out.

Overall a good performance. First half was frustrating as the side weren't making the good defensive performance count, but a well worked goal put us up and we didn't have much to worry about afterwards. Happy with that, but a tougher test on Wednesday. Win that, and we're in a great position to win this group.