Scotland vs Slovakia (UEFA Nations League)

charger29

1 minute ago, greenockraver said:

Our defenders are a hell of a lot better than many including myself give credit for. Considine looks like a competent option

i know i've mentioned them so many times tonight but defenders don't need to be top class if they ply in a system that suits them, I.e Ireland and NI.

1 minute ago, oranjyboom said:

Eh... If we play three, McTominay should be one. He has to be cause someone needs to bring the ball forward. But frustrating and I don’t understand what Clarke sees that makes him want a three? Porteous/McKenna/Gallagher/Cooper/Considine..... don’t think that’s the issue. We have no attacking threat, IMO that comes from playing a formation that negates our top player at wing back. Change the formation to benefit our best players will help.

For years we've been a bombscare at the back. David Marshall could have brought a book tonight.

No point carrying more of a threat when you're shipping three.

Clarke's more than earned the right to keep going with this.

24 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I never thought when Clarke took over that we’d play such a boring style of football. Almost as bad as the Craig Leven days 

24 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Yasssssssssss

Just now, eez-eh said:

Gallagher seems to have a knack of somehow bumbling his way out of hairy defensive moments with no damage done.

Heart in the mouth stuff but it works.

Maybe he should have tried the same tactic in court. 

2 minutes ago, oranjyboom said:

Eh... If we play three, McTominay should be one. He has to be cause someone needs to bring the ball forward. But frustrating and I don’t understand what Clarke sees that makes him want a three? Porteous/McKenna/Gallagher/Cooper/Considine..... don’t think that’s the issue. We have no attacking threat, IMO that comes from playing a formation that negates our top player at wing back. Change the formation to benefit our best players will help.

My issue with McTominay stepping out with the ball from RCB is that it leaves the defense open down that side.

If his role is to bring the ball out, he should be playing in the centre of the 3 sk that the RCB and LCB can close the gap when he strides forward.

I think he is playing there because hes tall and right footed. No sure his use of the ball has anything to do with it.

The pressing by this Scotland team tonight has been excellent. All over the park and for the full game.

Some people will say this is shite turgid football to watch, but this is the first Scotland game in a long while, where I think we have played to our strengths. The players seem to be getting to grips with the roles And the effort has been great from all.

If we can hold off here for the win then Steve Clarke deserves praise.