Scotland vs Slovakia (UEFA Nations League)

charger29

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Far worse players than Considine have been capped for Scotland recently

Yeah. It’s a shame that the commentators are going on about him like he’s won a competition. 

1 minute ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Robertson played well on Thursday?

aye i think he did, wasn't spectacular like his liverpool performances and they never will be for scotland but i seen good delivery and getting into more dangerous areas on thursday which is vastly improved from him from his recent form.

i know he will be the first criticised because of the level he plays at but I think we need expect a lot less than what we see from him at his club as the tempo and style are so different.

These games are the opposite of meaningless.  Realistically almost certainly our only chance of qualifying for the WC, meaning they are absolutely massive games for us.

Absolutely. Can't believe the people still thinking this is just a friendly. As[mention=66443]GordonS[/mention] said earlier, they are in effect World Cup Qualifiers.

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

These games are the opposite of meaningless.  Realistically almost certainly our only chance of qualifying for the WC, meaning they are absolutely massive games for us.

Yeah. Winning the group would also guarantee minimum second seed for the Euro 2024 qualifiers, and would mean we were almost guaranteed a playoff place for said tournament.

This match could affect us for years.

Czechs lead in Israel, which is probably bad news for us.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I'm sure I'll be called a liar, but just cause its topical, played golf again today with a friend.  He was a good player, captained Dundee u20's.  Told me he was Declan Gallagher's bootboy, now he has to watch him play for Scotland.  Must be a bit of a slap in the puss.

Or just boring 

13 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Career threatening???

Nah, just sounds like a heavy cold.

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Mind all the players that were chucked in by Bertie Vogts. 

I'd rather not.

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

The phrase “Did just enough” fucking does my head in. He cleared the ball, it was well defended - nothing “just enough” about it. c**t.

Not as bad as the frequent incorrect use of 'just about'

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I'm sure I'll be called a liar, but just cause its topical, played golf again today with a friend.  He was a good player, captained Dundee u20's.  Told me he was Declan Gallagher's bootboy, now he has to watch him play for Scotland.  Must be a bit of a slap in the puss.

Was Condoleeza Rice not available then? 

2 minutes ago, gerrymcc1978 said:

aye i think he did, wasn't spectacular like his liverpool performances and they never will be for scotland but i seen good delivery and getting into more dangerous areas on thursday which is vastly improved from him from his recent form.

i know he will be the first criticised because of the level he plays at but I think we need expect a lot less than what we see from him at his club as the tempo and style are so different.

I don't think Robertson was bad the other night but, for the most part, he was handled with ease by Dasa. I'm not expecting wonders from him, but I expect better than he's shown.

He's far too happy to make a backwards/sideways pass in a Scotland shirt for me.