Scotland vs Slovakia (UEFA Nations League)

charger29

I get the whole "big transfer fees, look at where he's playing" argument for McBurnie, but on the other side of that, what has he done in his 10 caps so far that warrant his inclusion tonight?

I appreciate this will be seen as an "Arab would pick Shankland"-type post, but I saw nothing on Thursday that said he was a must pick for tonight,

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Do you think that front two worked? 

That's the big question IMO, and no, it didn't. We were overrun in midfield and  we needed another player in there. I'd expect Slovakia to make more of that than Israel managed, so we should probably go back to one.

McBurnie is the worst forward I've ever seen play for Scotland and I include Kevin Kyle and Chris Iwelumo in that, so I'd go with Dykes to run his legs off for 60 minutes, then replace him with Shankland.

2 hours ago, Illgresi said:

It would be pointless for me to provide any more detailed an analysis of McTominay's ability as a centre back when "complete minter" describes it perfectly.

McTominay struggled last month I will give you that but the game just past he was solid.  It does help having a centre back like Gallagher who talks to his left and right than someone like McKenna who is silent as a lump of wood.   

7 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

My unbiased team for tonight:

Marshall 

Not Considine
Not Considine
Not Considine

Not Considine
Not Considine
Not Considine
Not Considine
Not Considine

Not Considine
Shankland

Brave going for Not Considine over Not O'Donnell on the right

If McTominay is going to play at the back in Serbia then play home there tonight.  Keep the back 3 the same and build up an understanding. Most of the midfielders are a similar standard so happy to rotate bodies in there. I would like to see Dykes play with Shankland or perhaps Fraser if we wanted someone coming from deeper/wider.

54 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I get the whole "big transfer fees, look at where he's playing" argument for McBurnie, but on the other side of that, what has he done in his 10 caps so far that warrant his inclusion tonight?

I appreciate this will be seen as an "Arab would pick Shankland"-type post, but I saw nothing on Thursday that said he was a must pick for tonight,

Being an Ayr fan I've also got "skin in the game" as it were with regards Shankland, however I 100% agree with you. Shankland has excellent build up play, reads the game very well, puts in a shift and is an excellent finisher, as for McBurnie, he's had lots of chances has produced next to nothing and looks completely disinterested. Take away his hugely inflated English price tag and I doubt if he'd be anywhere near an international squad.

Being an Ayr fan I've also got "skin in the game" as it were with regards Shankland, however I 100% agree with you. Shankland has excellent build up play, reads the game very well, puts in a shift and is an excellent finisher, as for McBurnie, he's had lots of chances has produced next to nothing and looks completely disinterested. Take away his hugely inflated English price tag and I doubt if he'd be anywhere near an international squad.
Yeah, he didn't receive a single call-up or cap before the move to Sheffield United.

57 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

McTominay struggled last month I will give you that but the game just past he was solid.  It does help having a centre back like Gallagher who talks to his left and right than someone like McKenna who is silent as a lump of wood.   

The big difference the other night was that the defence actually received some protection from the rest of the team. Like it or not, our full strength defence includes McKenna (not that I care about McKenna anymore).

On his performances for Scotland I full agree Gallagher should be in there. Cooper likewise.

18 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Gone with McTominay at CB because Clarke is gonna do it anyway 

Big game tonight despite what the media would make you believe.

Come on!

F4714435-DB4D-40DF-990C-D4CB39F4A201.jpeg

Huge game

If we ever want to qualify for a world cup again

This is the route

Other than a couple of games when he was at City, all I've seen of Porteous is last week's Sportscene where he didn't exactly ignite the heather. Is his inclusion a Jack Hendrian dice roll at a passable centre back in times of need or do folk think he has a good shot at a twenty cap career?

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Considine is starting. Let the seethe commence. 

Tbf would have liked to see both Porteous and McCrorie starting to give them experience. Really don’t see what Considine brings to the team. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley