Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

McBurnie ran himself into the ground on Thursday night with no service what so ever. 

He has a physical presence and pace, similar to Dykes, that most defences at international level will not enjoy. This is crucial at international level, especially in a team like Scotland who are not going to control games and out pass the opposition.

People seem absolutely desperate for him to fail and drive him out the squad. No idea why?

If your looking to weed out the sh*te in the squad, we can start with Gallagher, O’Donnell, Patterson, Paul McGinn, Considine and Shankland. 

Edited by Mean Gene

I'm just glad McBurnie showed a good attitude, that he's willing to come along, put a shift in, even when its no fun, and didn't throw a tantrum when he got subbed.

He has clear attributes, we are light on options up front, and he's still quite young.  He could an important player for quite a few years, just need a couple of goals.

13 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

BBC will run an article with Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic few days before, they'll be having a chat about the match and it will be mentioned that they are good friends and born a week apart.
Nap

But the pair vow not to let the result get in the way of their friendship

can-djokovic-and-murray-come-back-like-federer-and-nadal.jpg

Serbia havent been to the Euros in 20 year.  Were in League C along with the other dross  for a reason. (They mostly get beat) They're  better than us but definitely being over-rated. Do-able IMO. (minus O'Donnell,Considine,etc)

2 hours ago, paddymcp said:

Serbia havent been to the Euros in 20 year.  Were in League C along with the other dross  for a reason. (They mostly get beat) They're  better than us but definitely being over-rated. Do-able IMO. (minus O'Donnell,Considine,etc)

Really?

26 minutes ago, ropy said:

Cooper, McKenna and Gallagher battling it out for one place, they could play UNO for it.

Because Clarke seriously f***ed the Back 3 training session up when he said they should play Black 5.

I’ll get me coat...

McTominay-Cooper-Tierney for this bear.

This will probably be the defence. However, gallagher has put a case forward. I wouldn’t be against mctominay moving into midfield with gallagher-cooper-tierney as the three

Serbia aren’t the world beaters that many, including myself at times, have made them out to be. There’s no question this will be a tough task - I’m sure no one can have too many complaints if we at least put in a good, respectable performance whatever the result.

Don’t know what the covid restrictions are in Serbia but presuming they will have zero or very little fans in attendance for the game which plays to our advantage.

It’s a much better option than heading to Norway as well.

Before I said this would be a 3-0 pumping. I believe it will be tighter than that.

34 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Serbia aren’t the world beaters that many, including myself at times, have made them out to be. There’s no question this will be a tough task - I’m sure no one can have too many complaints if we at least put in a good, respectable performance whatever the result.

Don’t know what the covid restrictions are in Serbia but presuming they will have zero or very little fans in attendance for the game which plays to our advantage.

It’s a much better option than heading to Norway as well.

Before I said this would be a 3-0 pumping. I believe it will be tighter than that.

Indeed, for example Serbia haven't got anyone remotely as good as Haaland, so that's a small win straight away.

Serbia just lost 1-0 at home to Hungary, the underdog mentality might work in our favour but I don't think we should be fearing them too much. 

Assuming Clarke stays with the same system then fitness depending this is the team I'd like to see:

Marshall

McTominay-Cooper-Tierney

Forrest-McGregor-McGinn-Robertson

Armstrong

Dykes-Griffiths. 

As much as I love him, I don't like McGinn in the number 10 role that much, and think he is better suited to playing a bit deeper where it is easier for him to win the ball back and he has more space to progress the ball by running at the opposition. Feel like Armstrong or Christie would provide a bit more finesse and creativity in that position than McGinn. 

Forrest at RWB is maybe a bit too attacking for such an important fixture against a decent side away from home, but he's played the role well in Europe for Celtic and would be infinitely better going forward the O'Donnel.