greenockraver

Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

What i want him to play

Marshall

Tierney/Palmer Gallagher Cooper Robertson

Mctominay  Mcgregor

Armstrong Mcginn Fraser

Dykes

What i think he will play

Marshall

Palmer Gallagher Cooper Tierney Robertson

Mctominay Mcgregor Mcginn

Dykes Christie

Let’s just pray that Griffiths gets significant game time with Celtic until this fixture.

Can't see anything than an utter pumping for us here.

Probably not. Certainly the best chance since we went to Holland with a 1-0 win in 2003... then lost the second leg 6-0.
A similar 3+ goal drubbing is certainly not unlikely here. Serbia are demonstrably a better side than us.
They’re above us in the rankings, their squad has what it takes to qualify - they were at the 2018 World Cup - and they have home advantage. If we did win this it would be the greatest Scottish result since... ?
Since we won in France in 2007 at least, probably even longer since that result ultimately didn’t get us to a tournament.
After suffering 120 minutes of that rubbish last night it’s hard to imagine us scoring a goal over there. Another 0-0 in penalties is our most realistic chance of qualification... Yet when you look at Serbia’s attacking options it’s also hard to imagine us keeping a clean sheet...
Yeah I can’t see how we win this but stranger things have happened.
I think the last time we won a competitive game against a proper team away from home was... Croatia in 2013 when we were already out - (I’m not counting Czech Republic C a few weeks ago).
Underdogs is an understatement. We will need the performance of a lifetime and a whole lot of luck. We are certainly due both.

Just a shot on target would be an improvement. 

Also would be fantastic to try just once to hit the opposition on the break instead of turning back and waiting for the opposition to get organised. 

9 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

There is 0 (as in zero) chance that Scott Brown will play in this game. Thankfully.

Roberston is a leader.

Christie out wide would be the choice of a madman.

Robertson has been dreadful for Scotland the past year or so. Like I said, I couldn’t think of anyone else to put out wide, but hoping we ditch the 5-3-2 formation. 

Serbia do have some decent players but Mitrovic isn’t that good. If he was, he’d be playing for a better team than Fulham.
Absolutely this. Folk spunking over him like he's Messi, he's a championship striker!

Absolutely this. Folk spunking over him like he's Messi, he's a championship striker!
Probably got around the same amount of goals last season in the Championship as McBurnie did in 18/19.

My least favourite part of Scotland playing any team with players based outside of the UK is the folk who come steaming into the threads going "actually [European no-marks] are no mugs; this guy is very good and got 5 goals for Ingolstadt last season" after having a quick look at the squad's Wikipedia page.

18 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
29 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Probably got around the same amount of goals last season in the Championship as McBurnie did in 18/19.

Probably true but unlike Mcburnie he scores a ton of goals for his country.

On paper there’s not much between the sides, in reality, their clearly is however having looked at some of Serbia’s results they really haven’t won many games against any decent teams recently (other than last night).

A shitfest and win like last night would do and is probably our best hope.

WE HAVE A DREAM

13 hours ago, stuart87 said:

Serbia do have some decent players but Mitrovic isn’t that good. If he was, he’d be playing for a better team than Fulham.

The boy that scored their goals last night - Milinković-Savić - will be the threat. Plays for Lazio. Evidently big teams sniffing about him.

16 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The boy that scored their goals last night - Milinković-Savić - will be the threat. Plays for Lazio. Evidently big teams sniffing about him.

Surprised to see he didn’t start last night? Thought he was one of their main men.

Wonder if it was just tactical or was due to form/injury.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

My least favourite part of Scotland playing any team with players based outside of the UK is the folk who come steaming into the threads going "actually [European no-marks] are no mugs; this guy is very good and got 5 goals for Ingolstadt last season" after having a quick look at the squad's Wikipedia page.

Do you think Serbian Pie & Bovril has the same trouble? Or do they know we’re rotten?

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Big teams like Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool. 3 clubs 3 of our likely back 5 are playing for...