Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

Last night, knackered, kept drifting off to sleep... only to hear the opening notes of YSICB, and see Andy Considine in full drag, sooking his finger. Woke up, did a Partridge-style double take then back to sleep. Rinse and repeat.

It's a place I never thought supporting Scotland would take me to... but there ye go.

On 13/11/2020 at 12:03, DA Baracus said:

Been watching/listening to this on repeat for the last hour and a half. I can't believe anyone would consider anything else for the official song for the finals. But then, I'm a huge Silencers fan, a little bit pissed and I've got another 5 hours before the game is live at 3 am. What a magical weekend

1 minute ago, dumbthings said:

Please no, great for the train down and in the ground but that's it. A novelty but certainly not an official anthem

You could be right, actually didn’t notice the big red rose in the graphics either, that would have to go!!!😂

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

You could be right, actually didn’t notice the big red rose in the graphics either, that would have to go!!!😂

You know what, I first read that as red nose, wondered what the hell you were talking about. I did say I was a little pissed, more so now.

VAR was in place in the semi and final, other than a 2 second delay on the last kick of the tie, I never noticed it.
How come the English league has made a mess of this?

There wasn't really anything for it to check in either game, only two clear cut goals and not a single penalty or red card shout.

3 hours ago, dumbthings said:

Been watching/listening to this on repeat for the last hour and a half. I can't believe anyone would consider anything else for the official song for the finals. But then, I'm a huge Silencers fan, a little bit pissed and I've got another 5 hours before the game is live at 3 am. What a magical weekend

Very good shout. It'd also make a good Sportscene tune. 

I can imagine Can You Boogie quickly becoming as horrifically tedious as Twist and Shout was for those who went to Ireland around that time. Please don't kick the arse out of it and ruin it before we can really enjoy it. 

39 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Very good shout. It'd also make a good Sportscene tune. 

I can imagine Can You Boogie quickly becoming as horrifically tedious as Twist and Shout was for those who went to Ireland around that time. Please don't kick the arse out of it and ruin it before we can really enjoy it. 

It'll be about tomorrow probably before I get fed up of it, then on Wednesday I'll get back into it for the purposes of the Israel game. I mind being in Budapest for a stag do in the summer of 2016 and Freed From Desire/Will Grigg's On Fire was the go-to song any time you came across any kind of English-speaking holidaygoers in the bars and clubs, by the end of the holiday we were all sick of hearing it. Andy Considine's stag do has a hell of a lot to answer for! I have a feeling that come May/June next year we'll all be so excited for going to the tournament that it'll be fine in the end.